Allan - opinion on this Esprit...

Parker

I don't think that's such a great price (nearly 30K). I sold a 1990 SE (with only 4300 miles ! ) eight years ago for 25K. The Esprit you reference is only 2 model years newer. A twelve year old Lotus is not worth that much IMO.

If you go for the early V8, have it checked for problems with the cylinder liners leaking. I have a S4s and love it (only 300 odd in the world) and with a few mods they go like stink! I heard of a guy in the L.A. Lotus club selling a black 95 S4s - send me a PM if you want details

If you go for the early V8, have it checked for problems with the cylinder liners leaking. I have a S4s and love it (only 300 odd in the world) and with a few mods they go like stink! I heard of a guy in the L.A. Lotus club selling a black 95 S4s - send me a PM if you want details

Thank you, PM sent.

Allan, Rampante, thx.  Is there an onine source as to where I can brush up on my MY info?

www.lotusespritworld.com

I've had 5 Esprits all up over the years, until a few months ago I owned 2 x S4s (one black, one yellow). Both Euro spec cars, '96 built.

I still have the yellow one and I'll keep it forever. I'm the first registered owner and the car is in mueseum condition. With just some slight modifications, it pulls 361bhp (on a cool evening) and GPS measured 0-60mph in 4sec flat and the quarter between 12.2sec and 12.5sec (several different runs).

As far as V8's, I'd only own the last series with the round lights, and then orange with magnolia :)

Here's some pics.

Here's the both the black and yellow S4s.

Some track pics too. My girl was driving the yellow one and I was in the black one.

Well where the hell was I in this post!?!?

I've been a Lotus follower since '78. I currently own an Anniv. Ed. '02 Esprit (94 of 100). Some years ago I also had a '78 CHampion edition. Since '78. less than 10,000 Esprits were produced, and of those numbers, and less than 400 between '00-'04. I will totally agree on the S4s being a great buy and even greater car, as most to all issues and factory tweaking was done by then. You can really go off more mods though in quier a few places like www.hybinette.com., www.lotusespritworld.com, and as Allan said, espritfactfile for a world of info. I'd stick to a '97 or later V8 but preferably a '99 or later (some changes after '98). The most sought after models are the Sport 350's released in '99 (only 10 imported into the U.S., oand one's been totalled already!).

Allan knows me from the "turboesprit" forum on Yahoogroups. He's got himself an nice Esprit there with some nice #'s to back it up. I'll be dynoing my Esprit with minor mods (ECU, Exhaust, K&N's) and should be in the 370 RWHP range, or 425 BHP at the Crank. Keep in mind it weighs 3043 lbs.

Here's pix of my Mistress...

Nice cars! Im eagerly awaiting my car also! Should hopefully be done this week! One last dyno to see what it makes.

andecorp nice pics. how reliable are they for tracking. i was hoping that would be more of a reality... ;)

willyq nice pics man! that's such a nice color. I'll check out the sites asap

thanks guys

andecorp  nice pics. how reliable are they for tracking. i was hoping that would be more of a reality... ;)

thanks guys

I've been tracking all mine for years. Those track days are together with Lambos, Ferraris and Maseratis.

My Esprits run around the track all day without brake fade and without heating up.

It's a very tight track so the Countaches lose their brakes. The Murcies and Gallardos run around all day without any problems. The 360s fry their ECUs, lose their brakes and overheat.

And all this is from my first hand experience from going there every two months for many years.

You'll be pleasantly surprised with the track ability and reliability of the Esprit.

Ill be the first to say, im no race car driver, but my 2000 Esprit, seemed to handle and especially stop much better than my 355, and of course much more agile than my Diablo.

so how much are Lotus Esprits?

so how much are Lotus Esprits?

They are the bargain of supercars.

Depends on year and model though. Big difference in prices for various models.

Euro spec S4s, Sport 300, euro spec Sport 350 and X180R are the pic of the crop as far as values as they are going up in value now (apart from Sport 350 - hasn't moved up yet).

Technologically, feature wise, etc, the last built round rear light cars are the summit of Esprits and their values are plummeting right now, so they make phenomenal buys.

I've seen a 95 S4s fetch more than a 97 V8. Seems as all the V8 prices are in a death slide right now, making them a great deal.

I've seen a 95 S4s fetch more than a 97 V8.  Seems as all the V8 prices are in a death slide right now, making them a great deal.

Only 6 months ago or so I sold my '96 black/raven S4s with 69,000km (43,000miles) for AU$105,000 while my friend only managed AU$80,000 for his immaculate '97 blue/magnolia V8 with 30,000km (18,000miles).

I saw one in the Denver post about a year ago selling for around 80k and that was back in 01. I wonder what it would cost.

I saw one in the Denver post about a year ago selling for around 80k and that was back in 01. I wonder what it would cost.

Check 'em out on EBay, you'll get an idea of price there

Well where the hell was I in this post!?!?

I've been a Lotus follower since '78.  I currently own an Anniv. Ed. '02 Esprit (94 of 100).  Some years ago I also had a '78 CHampion edition.  Since '78. less than 10,000 Esprits were produced, and of those numbers, and less than 400 between '00-'04.  I will totally agree on the S4s being a great buy and even greater car, as most to all issues and factory tweaking was done by then.  You can really go off more mods though in quier a few places like www.hybinette.com., www.lotusespritworld.com, and as Allan said, espritfactfile for a world of info.  I'd stick to a '97 or later V8 but preferably a '99 or later (some changes after '98).  The most sought after models are the Sport 350's released in '99 (only 10 imported into the U.S., oand one's been totalled already!).  

Allan knows me from the "turboesprit" forum on Yahoogroups.  He's got himself an nice Esprit there with some nice #'s to back it up.  I'll be dynoing my Esprit with minor mods (ECU, Exhaust, K&N's) and should be in the 370 RWHP range, or 425 BHP at the Crank.  Keep in mind it weighs 3043 lbs.

Here's pix of my Mistress...

Waives over from exotiXboard, nice lotus man. Allan awsome lotus picture, the silver really looks good.