PROMETHEUS reviews

donnie

So.... 80 years in the future, we will have trillion dollar expeditions to discover the origins of life on earth, surgeons will be obsolete, and we'll have robots modeled after gay Shakespearean actors...

But we'll have to fashion our underwear our of Ace Bandage Ankle Wraps?

All things considered, I'll trade the rest if I can keep wearing underwear....[/quote

So who are you saying is gay, Fasbender or O'toole who the robot trys to fashion himself after.I didn't think much of the movie, the

only character I liked was the captain, Charlize was fun to look at but her part was way over the top. The visuals were great, but

other then that the story was predictable if you seen the other alein movies.

This movie is definitely a prequel. Everyone who has seen Alien will quickly start to put things together and some connections to Alien should be obvious by the end. They could easily make a Prometheus II. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the fact that many of the questions we wanted answered are not answered. However, we've found out enough to keep us interested and I would definitely see Prometheus II if they made it. Could there have been less crew members? Sure. But this film isn't an Alien rehash. This isn't a we're trapped on a spaceship/space station and Aliens are trying to get us. The story is a little more complicated than that. Bottom line: Go see it and report back.

Mixed feelings, overall I enjoyed it but the trailers gave way too much away. I can't help thinking it had the crap edited out of and the 3+ hour directors cut (as with Blade Runner) will be the one to watch. As others said, some old questions answered, some new ones created, kinda reminded me of never ending twists of Lost

Fassbender is a very very special actor, I thought the initial sequences had a little 2001 in them.The Lawrence of Arabia reference (I've seen it many times, my wife and I saw the final showing at the Cinerama Done before it was rebuilt....Peter O'Toole rocks) was really cool.

Obviously there is a sequel in works. I think Prometheus will be like Blade Runner..like a great wine, it will age well.

Or you could waste 2 hours of your life watching miB3

Fassbender is a very special actor.....I need to watch it a second time. Obviously there is a sequel in works. I got dragged to MIB 3 and liked it....then again I had zero expectations. I think Prometheus will be like Blade Runner..like a great wine, it will age well.

Fassbender was excellent.

OK... I never do this.... I usually wait for a film to be 3 years old before I review it....

But here's my general, playing it straight review...

I WANTED to love this film... Hell, I just wanted to like this film a lot more than I did.... Having said that I DID like it... Just not as much as I could have.

Highlights: The acting. Hands down... Michael Fassbender steals the show.... YES, its a two hour Peter O'toole impression.... But its the BEST two hour Peter O'Toole impression Ive ever seen, and its mesmerizing. And lets not forget... Peter O'Toole was nominated for an academy award for his T.E. Lawrence.... And Fassbender should be as well....

The "Engineers"- INTERESTING new (I know, theyre not new, theyre the space jockey, but roll with me here) creatures for this franchise... It seems like a really good reboot for the series, which has fallen into ridicule after the last 27 sequels after ALIENS. I want to see MORE of them, and... I suspect we will

The music.... Best score I've heard in a LONG, LONG time... Haunting. However, it kept reminding me of the slow parts of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

Compare 2:03- 3:20 below

to this:

Lowlights... The script... It was very obvious that multiple writers took a stab at it, and it seems to have became a stew, rather than a soup. There is literally the feel of several different movies going on, with different scenes seeming to belong to different spec scripts. The prequelness to Aliens is obvious, but it seems that there are small "tweeks" where the audience sees the obvious relationship, without direct replication, but it becomes distracting, as you are trying to reconcile these two disparate images of similar themes in your mind.

David. As much as I think Fassbender KILLED the roll, I'm tired of this character. In the end, its just another Bishop, which was just a repeat of the better portrayed ASH, which was really just the inevitable evolution of the HAL9000 with a body. Do I care that "HALASHBISHOPDAVID" is a dandy and dyes his hair? Do I care if Pinocchio becomes a real boy and loves his Gepetto, who in turn only created Pinocchio so he can meet his own Gepetto? No... I really don't.... I've seen it all before... I know this fcuking thing is going to be a prick, and fcuk everybody.... No real surprises here.

Speaking of which, the first 20 minutes of the film is an obvious homage to the beginning of the 3nd hour of 2001 A Space Odyssey.... As David putters around the ship to a classical music theme, interspersed with interplanetary photography... Just one problem... I fcuking HATE 2001 A Space Odyssey. And by 5 minutes I was ready for the ALIEN to shoot out of his chest and crash the damned ship, just so I wouldn't have to endure another second of the self indulgence.

Logan Marshall Green. Or as I like to call him, "If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out." Seriously... WTF was this guy doing in this film.... Maybe I should have seen it in 3D, because thats about the only chance this character had of having any depth whatsoever.

Guy Pearce... I can only assume the 10 pounds of Bondo means were going to see him in another film... Where he is younger... Otherwise, again, hes a superfluous character who takes up way too much story time that could be used on something else... Either that, or were just back into 2001 territory and its a shout out to Keir Dullea in "OLD BOWMAN" make-up.

Overall Id give it a 6 out of 10... If you are a fan at all of the original two films, as I am, I would definitely say "GO SEE IT IN A THEATER!" If not... You'll definitely be able to live without it.

OK... I never do this.... I usually wait for a film to be 3 years old before I review it....

But here's my general, playing it straight review...

I WANTED to love this film... Hell, I just wanted to like this film a lot more than I did.... Having said that I DID like it... Just not as much as I could have.

Highlights: The acting. Hands down... Michael Fassbender steals the show.... YES, its a two hour Peter O'toole impression.... But its the BEST two hour Peter O'Toole impression Ive ever seen, and its mesmerizing. And lets not forget... Peter O'Toole was nominated for an academy award for his T.E. Lawrence.... And Fassbender should be as well....

The "Engineers"- INTERESTING new (I know, theyre not new, theyre the space jockey, but roll with me here) creatures for this franchise... It seems like a really good reboot for the series, which has fallen into ridicule after the last 27 sequels after ALIENS. I want to see MORE of them, and... I suspect we will

The music.... Best score I've heard in a LONG, LONG time... Haunting. However, it kept reminding me of the slow parts of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

Compare 2:03- 3:20 below

to this:

Lowlights... The script... It was very obvious that multiple writers took a stab at it, and it seems to have became a stew, rather than a soup. There is literally the feel of several different movies going on, with different scenes seeming to belong to different spec scripts. The prequelness to Aliens is obvious, but it seems that there are small "tweeks" where the audience sees the obvious relationship, without direct replication, but it becomes distracting, as you are trying to reconcile these two disparate images of similar themes in your mind.

David. As much as I think Fassbender KILLED the roll, I'm tired of this character. In the end, its just another Bishop, which was just a repeat of the better portrayed ASH, which was really just the inevitable evolution of the HAL9000 with a body. Do I care that "HALASHBISHOPDAVID" is a dandy and dyes his hair? Do I care if Pinocchio becomes a real boy and loves his Gepetto, who in turn only created Pinocchio so he can meet his own Gepetto? No... I really don't.... I've seen it all before... I know this fcuking thing is going to be a prick, and fcuk everybody.... No real surprises here.

Speaking of which, the first 20 minutes of the film is an obvious homage to the beginning of the 3nd hour of 2001 A Space Odyssey.... As David putters around the ship to a classical music theme, interspersed with interplanetary photography... Just one problem... I fcuking HATE 2001 A Space Odyssey. And by 5 minutes I was ready for the ALIEN to shoot out of his chest and crash the damned ship, just so I wouldn't have to endure another second of the self indulgence.

Logan Marshall Green. Or as I like to call him, "If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out." Seriously... WTF was this guy doing in this film.... Maybe I should have seen it in 3D, because thats about the only chance this character had of having any depth whatsoever.

Guy Pearce... I can only assume the 10 pounds of Bondo means were going to see him in another film... Where he is younger... Otherwise, again, hes a superfluous character who takes up way too much story time that could be used on something else... Either that, or were just back into 2001 territory and its a shout out to Keir Dullea in "OLD BOWMAN" make-up.

Overall Id give it a 6 out of 10... If you are a fan at all of the original two films, as I am, I would definitely say "GO SEE IT IN A THEATER!" If not... You'll definitely be able to live without it.

I'm a big Alien, Blade Runner fan...I need to see it again for final judgement. What's on the calender for releases this year, at least it makes you think.

I liked it a lot. It definitely has a feel of prequel but not directly to one of the others. My friend said it is supposedly (though I'm not sure where he heard it) a series of prequels. Granted I'm horribly interested in what happens after the ending.....

I thought it was good, not great. I fcuking hate 3d, so I am going to see it in 2d tomorrow. Too many unanswered questions. I believe 3 hours of this movie (with all the answers in it) are laying on the editing room floor.