Diablo Brake light switch

lambo128

Can anyone tell me where the rear Brake light switch is located on a 91 Diablo? I looked under the dash at the pedal assembly and I don't see it!

Just found it...must be an early Diablo...it is under front bonnet attached to master cylinder...a pressure switch!WTF!

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me where the rear Brake light switch is located on a 91 Diablo? I looked under the dash at the pedal assembly and I don't see it!

It should be the same on all Diablos, as early ones as well. If you don't see it then remove the seat by removing those 4 Hexagon screws in it. Then lay yourself upside down, down there and take some time to look at it. You should see a Messing/gold coloured switch. Unless some former owner has replaced it by a plastic switch, you should see really this Messing Switch down there.

The current flowing through this switch is too high, therefore it is defective so fast. Everytime you hit the brake, there will be a very very small spark inside the switch just when the contacts almost hit eachother. That is why the contacts burn in. If you want to extend the lifetime of your switch, replace your 2 Brakelights for CREE-LED versions, it saves you some 4A of current.

Otherwise, I would advise to keep a spare Switch in your car, as driving without Braking lights will cost you severe damage when your friends hit you in the tail.

My Diablo has a pressure switch coming off the brake mastercylinder. Rather than repace it there, I made a bracket and bought one at autozone from a chevy c130 truck. ($8.50) works perfectly!!

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Nice modification.

The brake lights switch on my 97.5 VT Roadster is a pressure switch T junction in the hard brake line just below the master cylinder mounted on the front bulk head wall. It sucks though, it only works with high pressure and at a stop light, I have to really keep the pressure on the brake pedal.

I want to switch over to an electric switch like on the 6.0 I've been buying the OEM parts and just have to get around to doing it.

Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

. If you want to extend the lifetime of your switch, replace your 2 Brakelights for CREE-LED versions, it saves you some 4A of current.

Any link or information?

Shamile