Exhaust Tip Exchange

ToofDoc

Anyone know if I can buy and switch out the chrome exhaust tips to a ceramic (matte black) exhaust tips on a LP560-4 like the ones on Performante and Superleggera?

Just the tips, not the entire exhaust system.

Anyone?

Anyone know if I can buy and switch out the chrome exhaust tips to a ceramic (matte black) exhaust tips on a LP560-4 like the ones on Performante and Superleggera?

Just the tips, not the entire exhaust system.

Anyone?

The tips are not part of the exhaust system. They are bolted to the bumper. If you remove the wheel well liner, you can access the bolts and remove them; send them off to get coated, or swap them out for whatever tips you want.

The tips are not part of the exhaust system. They are bolted to the bumper. If you remove the wheel well liner, you can access the bolts and remove them; send them off to get coated, or swap them out for whatever tips you want.

Thanks! That's what other are recommending....to "ceramic" coat them. Not handy or comfortable to take things apart (unless it's a tooth), so I may take the car to a shop to do this...

call HEFFNER... they have ceramic coated (matte black) SL style tips. they're basically longer than the stock oem tips.

Thanks...I will give them a call...

I'd like to do this too. Any idea what heffner charges for the ceramic tips?

Some SL exhaust tips for sale on the other forum. Might need to purchase the lower SL grills to make them work.

I believe he has a 560...There are no grill surround on the tips.

Also, don't know if Heffner has the 560 tips yet, but it's worth a call, I guess.

I emailed Heffner.....we'll see

Also, I'll give LNB parts department also to see if they sell them tips separately.

I emailed Heffner.....we'll see

Also, I'll give LNB parts department also to see if they sell them tips separately.

You can get the factory SL tips from that 'online Lambo parts place', but they are ~$1400 each side.

You can get the factory SL tips from that 'online Lambo parts place', but they are ~$1400 each side.

That craaa!!

ok so here is my $10 solution did it 3 months ago or so ... i just taped up around my tips and sprayed them with krylon hi-temp grill paint ... also removed the logo scuffed it with a 3m pad and sprayed it also ... the grill paint has a really high adhesion so tons of car washes no problemo

t

photo_1_copy.JPG

photo_2_copy.JPG

Unless you have the SL diffuser, putting SL-length tips on a regular 560 is gonna look like shit.

Just get the tips ceramic-coated.

Memo recently had his 560 tips ceramic-coated...maybe he'll chime in on this thread.

ok so here is my $10 solution did it 3 months ago or so ... i just taped up around my tips and sprayed them with krylon hi-temp grill paint ... also removed the logo scuffed it with a 3m pad and sprayed it also ... the grill paint has a really high adhesion so tons of car washes no problemo

t

Like it! What's the name of the product you used, where did you buy it from, and how does it handle the exhaust heat over time?

Like it! What's the name of the product you used, where did you buy it from, and how does it handle the exhaust heat over time?

:rolleyes:

Since it can handle a bunch of steaks, and BBQ chicken, it will probably be fine...

DIY, here we go! Before & after pics to come!

Just finished....$50 worth of supplies at Home Depot and two hours of my time....

Looks amazing...just like the ceramic one on SL and Performante...

I'll upload material and step-by-step progression pics soon.

Very pleased that I didn't have to ship my car anywhere, pay for expensive parts, and pay for labor to acheive the results that I wanted.

Thanks to COLORINC for the suggestion!

right on ...glad i could be of assistance !! cant wait to see the pix!

tim

Just finished....$50 worth of supplies at Home Depot and two hours of my time....

Looks amazing...just like the ceramic one on SL and Performante...

I'll upload material and step-by-step progression pics soon.

Very pleased that I didn't have to ship my car anywhere, pay for expensive parts, and pay for labor to acheive the results that I wanted.

Thanks to COLORINC for the suggestion!