So I finally got to go paragliding

Kerplop

To be quite honest, I sort of hate heights. But I decided to give it a chance anyway. We got to go paragliding and do some fun stuff. We got up far enough and out far enough to do some spirals and some pretty awesome stuff. My wife ended up feeling nauseous when our pilot tried it with her but I was fine with it. Unfortunately she only took like a minute of footage for me, but we ended up getting pretty far out and didn't take the same route she did.

Anyway, it was a ton of fun! Once you get up there it's really not a big deal, in fact, it's beautiful! Sort of quiet, just a little wind, like a lowspeed motorcycle ride. Lean with it, it goes where you want and you can do some awesome stuff with them. Sort of like riding 2 up on a motorcycle, "Lean with me." or "Lean this way, lean that way." takes 2. Tons of fun.

The people that took us are all locals and some of them I work with. Safe to say once the 924 is finished and up and running I know what I'll be putting some money into next. Flying solo looks like a crapton of fun.

If anyone has the curiosity and you won't vomit from fear of heights, it's definitely worth trying :) What a blast!

PS: Sorry, I forgot to clean my lense.

Looks awesome! GoPro also makes a chest harness (probably wouldn't work) and a wrist harness. Might make it easier to film the next time.

Looks awesome! GoPro also makes a chest harness (probably wouldn't work) and a wrist harness. Might make it easier to film the next time.

Yeah right now I'm using a regular Everio HD 1080P handheld. It does pretty good. I also use a Fat Gecko mount. The only problem is situations like this where being compact is a big deal. Not a bad idea though.

Yeah right now I'm using a regular Everio HD 1080P handheld. It does pretty good. I also use a Fat Gecko mount. The only problem is situations like this where being compact is a big deal. Not a bad idea though.

I finally picked up a GoPro from Amazon the other day. $450 got me the HD Hero 2, the Chest Harness, 32gb Class10 SD card, the WiFi BacPac w/ remote (worth every penny just to be able to remotely start/stop and change settings) and the Wasabi travel charger with two extra batteries. Will probably end up picking up a few more of the SD cards since they were less then $25.

Totally worth it.

Looks like a chill hobby. Like diving. Before you put all that money into it, be sure to test out skydiving. Free fall + WAY faster parachute ride. You can also pull high so you have a 10 min parachute ride down, which is very nice from time to time.

I go paragliding all the time at my place in Mexico, super fun and inexpensive. You can stay up there for hours if you catch the thermals and no airport or airplane necessary. Some of the worlds best practice there and will give free advice, nothing like it. Check out videos on Sean Gomez Farley. Glad you got the fever.

I go paragliding all the time at my place in Mexico, super fun and inexpensive. You can stay up there for hours if you catch the thermals and no airport or airplane necessary. Some of the worlds best practice there and will give free advice, nothing like it. Check out videos on Sean Gomez Farley. Glad you got the fever.

That's a huge reason I want to get into it. A lot of our locals do crosscountry flights and just go chill for hours on end. Something I want to get into for sure. The social aspect was cool too, everyone loves to hang out afterwards, talk, shoot the shit and it's an awesome feeling to look around you and see gliders all over the place.