Which looks better?

blogger72

I saw a black one yesterday parked in front of a hotel, it's just not an impressive car to behold.

The McLaren? When I saw it in person it inspired about as much passion in me as a cantaloupe.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of solution or release mechanism in the Aventador to let you escape from the vehicle if it rolls over? I know there was speculation about that, and the Mercedes/McLaren SLR apparently has some sort of mini-explosive system that blows the hinges off or something in case it rolls over. Any solution like that on the Aventador?

Does anyone know if there is some sort of solution or release mechanism in the Aventador to let you escape from the vehicle if it rolls over? I know there was speculation about that, and the Mercedes/McLaren SLR apparently has some sort of mini-explosive system that blows the hinges off or something in case it rolls over. Any solution like that on the Aventador?

2 things. They now have frameless windows and the doors open out and up. This design is to allow you to escape in case of a rollover.

2 things. They now have frameless windows and the doors open out and up. This design is to allow you to escape in case of a rollover.

They do open out a WEE bit, but they basically open up, like traditional Lambo scissor doors with a *slight* outward angle to the movement. Is that really enough to allow someone to open the door and get out if the thing is flat on its roof?

They do open out a WEE bit, but they basically open up, like traditional Lambo scissor doors with a *slight* outward angle to the movement. Is that really enough to allow someone to open the door and get out if the thing is flat on its roof?

If the Aventador is on its roof the doors will eject themselves.

If the Aventador is on its roof the doors will eject themselves.

I still want to see this happen. There has to be test footage video of this.

Really? You sure? Where have you heard/seen this?

Some where, I can't remember. It might be in the manual. I always read them cover to cover.

The McLaren? When I saw it in person it inspired about as much passion in me as a cantaloupe.

Yeah, about two blocks from Gold Coast Lamborghini, it was parked in front of the Four Seasons Chicago. Just looked like a Toyota Celica or something.

I usually snap a cell phone pic of something cool, but didn't even bother in this case. :eusa_think:

Doors:

Dihedral doors - The Mclaren MP4-12C

Opens up and out for "easier entry"

7754748872_f0dbc01812_b.jpg

vs Lambo doors - Aventador.

Classic Trademark

lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-11.jpg

Which looks better?

my vote for the lambo doors ...

I like them all but my favorite kind of door system has to be the Konigseggs. The coolest looking and seems to be the easiest to ingress/egress. Seems the most thought out too. I still have love for the Diablo though. Just the sweetness.