Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

Albert, I haven't seen that shot before, amazing!

LamboNutter I bet this is the only situation when you wish you weren't as tall :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Hannibal, hahaha i'll shave em next time

my stretching every time before i get in the car , and when i get out; is quite hilarious to bystanders .... :wacko:

Albert, I haven't seen that shot before, amazing!

LamboNutter I bet this is the only situation when you wish you weren't as tall :icon_mrgreen:

As a car lover its the worst! But where there is a will, there is a way!

I still beat all my small friends at karting though :D

Tks Fortis Tks E7ITE

I absolutely love her!! Perfection. Keeper forever.

Its fantastic finding such pictures on the net; trying to contact two of the 'makers' to try and get high resolution versions to make posters !! So great to have cool pics of the beast in the wild :D

@ Flying Lap: hahah its a tight squeeze! This forum's upload mechanism is really annoying ... but managed to get an inside pic :

post-92160-1374698804_thumb.jpg

NICE! Your taking advantage of every inch in and out of the car!

I love the fact that regardless how tall you are you still make the best of the situation. BRAVO

NICE! Your taking advantage of every inch in and out of the car!

I love the fact that regardless how tall you are you still make the best of the situation. BRAVO

heheh tks.

the other option is depression; so gotta stay positive!

in the ZR1 ive taken out everything of the original seats; and bolted some race seats (taken all the padding out too) directly to the floor. was funny when my tuner had to do testdrives while he was tuning the engine (involved about 5 cushions); or when a valet tries to say he will park my car (fk off)

Andecorp,

I did have some damage to the left & right base board and bumper. I did 4000 Kms too, driving through Europe. A speed hump in Paris caused damage to my car. Luckily the damage is limited to the underneath of base boards and front bumper only. Chicago dealer is working on fixing it for $3k. Dealer also recommended oil change as I had done about 4000 kms. I hit about 175mph on German Autobahn and did good speed in other countries too. Car held up very well. Here are the pictures of my car damage.

Lambo Manju.

I would have cried!

One of the Grand Giro Photographers will be in Monterey next week with BEST of CDs .. NO I am NOT affiliated just passing this cool link on his work is good and I have a CD coming.

http://www.davidkaiser.ch/statische-seiten...orghini_BestOf/

Twicebaked,

Thanks for posting this link. I ordered a CD from David. I am going to miss Monterey event this year as I am out of country. Hope to catch up with many of you in Monterey next year.

Lambo Manju.

I found some cool pics of my car from the trip on the internet; but I want to get the full resolution versions (willing to pay) so I can get big posters made. Harder to get in contact with these photographers than I thought it would be. Surely as a photographer you want to be able to sell your work easily and quickly !

:eusa_wall:

• 2 weeks later...

**** Has this happened to you? *******

I was filling the gas to my Murcielago and pressed lock button on the key fab to lock the fuel lid after I closed the lid (Which I never did before. I am not sure why I did it). Car was in alarm mode, even though I had left one door fully open.

I sat inside the car, closed the door and forgot that I was in locked (alarm) mode. I put the key in and turned to ignition position, which triggered the alarm. Alarm went off and I turned the key to off position to shut the alarm, pressed unlock button on the key fab and tried starting the car again. Car would not start.

I called the Lamborghini dealer and the service manager told me that I should get out of car, lock the car by pressing the lock button in key fab, give the car 15 minutes to reset itself and try starting again. Even though it sounded ridiculous, I waited for 15 minutes and tried again, but car failed to start.

I turned off the entire battery supply in engine bay, turned it back on assuming that may reset the car. That failed too. From then on, what ever mode I try, I could never start the car.

I was proud of reliability of Lamborghini car after 50th Anniversary rally, but now again wondering 'how reliable is this car?'. I had two important events that day and I missed both. Got the car towed to dealer on a flat bed truck. Car was in first gear and there was no way to put the car in to neutral and tow truck guy dragged the car on to flatbed. The wheels were turning and not slipping, even though the car was in first gear.

Car is with dealer and I am waiting to hear the diagnosis of the issue and the remedy. I felt so embarrassed as lot of people were taking pictures of the car and praising its looks, but the car had to be towed.

No car should be sensitive to a wrong sequence of starting the car, as I was using legitimate key to start the car.

Any advice is appreciated.

Lambo_Manju.

**** Has this happened to you? *******

I got my car back from dealer. He said they had to reset the system, clear all errors and re-program the system to get it started.

There is every chance that some one can get inside the car and try to start the engine, if they left the door open while filling the gas and not realizing that they pressed lock button by mistake.

In my opinion, car should not go into lock (alarm) mode, if the door is open OR it should not disable the car if you try starting the car in 'locked' mode. This is a major flaw in design. If a particular sequence of operation is possible, it can and will happen, if not prevented by design.

Anyway, lesson learnt the hard way. Please let me know your comments, if your car got disabled in any other situation.

Thanks

Lambo_Manju.

Lambo_Manju : not sure if same thing .... but when I have not locked the car , and standing around, refueling watever; then i get in to start the car, it sometimes wont work (i guess it auto-locks). So i have to then take the key out (while staying inside the car) lock the car, then unlock it, and then it will start. Does not seem that anything is wrong, makes sense in terms of auto-lock & security.

Lambo_Manju : not sure if same thing .... but when I have not locked the car , and standing around, refueling watever; then i get in to start the car, it sometimes wont work (i guess it auto-locks). So i have to then take the key out (while staying inside the car) lock the car, then unlock it, and then it will start. Does not seem that anything is wrong, makes sense in terms of auto-lock & security.

I wish my car did the same. It completely got disabled and would not start after I did the same as you explained i.e. taking the key out, lock, unlock and then start (while staying inside the car). Possibly something was faulty in my car. I hope this wont repeat.

Lambo_Manju.

I wish my car did the same. It completely got disabled and would not start after I did the same as you explained i.e. taking the key out, lock, unlock and then start (while staying inside the car). Possibly something was faulty in my car. I hope this wont repeat.

Lambo_Manju.

What year is your car?

2005 Murcielago

Lambo_Manju

Ok, seems Lambo did an update at some point, I've literally been in your situation and I just did a key reset and was good to go.

Ok, seems Lambo did an update at some point, I've literally been in your situation and I just did a key reset and was good to go.

Thanks MODO. Good to know that the issue is not unique to my car. I will ask my dealer to keep my car updated on regular basis.

Thanks MODO. Good to know that the issue is not unique to my car. I will ask my dealer to keep my car updated on regular basis.

whats up lambo manju hope all is great WE DID A COUPLE LAMBO CRUISES THIS SUMMER ME KRIS AND BRYAN BUT NEVER ENOUGH

BAD BOYS INVADE NEW JERSEY I GLADLY HOSTED THEM WHILE THEY VISITED I HAVE TO SAY THE PEOPLE I MET WHILE AT THE 50TH WE ALL THE COOLEST GROUP OF PEOPLE I EVER ENCOUNTERED YAAAAAAAA

IMG_8474.JPG

IMG_8450.JPG

IMG_9332.JPG

I am working at least 12 hours everyday and fortunately that keeps my mind off it.

I miss all the guys I spent my time in Italy with and what makes me sad is the thought of never being able to enjoy those moments again.

whats up lambo manju hope all is great ....

Steve.... Good to hear from you. All is well with me, but car had a starting problem related to alarm. Dealer cleared all error codes and restarted the car. Hopefully this will be the last time I get stuck on the road and have to get the car towed. I will get in touch with you when I am in NY/NJ area.

Lambo_Manju.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone. Been a while. Yes I too in the past week have been going back in my mind to that great trip in May. Probably becuase I cannot drive my Murci at the moment due to a large crack in the windscreen. Trying to sort this out by the way is becoming an ordeal for me in Australia. Fortunately the guys in Italy at the factory are helping out now so I hope to be back driving again in month or so.

Meanwhile this link to a Sixty Minutes piece on Lamborghini and in part the Grande Giro should bring back fond memories.

Lamborghini turns 50

Ciao