Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pleased to report that my Aventador is back! I have missed it! Just a few more hours!!!

Its about time. I know the wait has been killing you!

Your Diablo sounds awesome. Is it back yet?

Supposed to get it last Wednesday, but the ship was late and it only docked Thursday, so by the time it's unloaded, I HOPE Monday or Tuesday I'll have it back. I MISS IT!!!

Perhaps the Republik wants to charge you some import taxes, duty, etc. :eusa_wall:

Already paid all those. Out of the $23k bill, only $6k were actual shipping fees. The rest were taxes :tyson:

Already paid all those. Out of the $23k bill, only $6k were actual shipping fees. The rest were taxes :tyson:

Are you serious? What did they charge for? Wow I had no idea they could charge if you export/import your personal car, I was actually kidding, sorry to hear they actually charged you !

WTF? You send your car out of the country and bring it back 6 weeks later, during which the whole time it has been in your ownership and you have to pay $17K in taxes for the privilege...?

That is totally f**ked up!

WTF? You send your car out of the country and bring it back 6 weeks later, during which the whole time it has been in your ownership and you have to pay $17K in taxes for the privilege...?

I agree. I too thought Fortis was joking. Thats so dumb.

I agree. I too thought Fortis was joking. Thats so dumb.

lambo manja where are you

IMG_3371.JPG

Nothing surprises me with this government.

That's insane. I just started dating an Aussie bird - will make sure it doesn't get too serious in that case...don't want to pay when i ship her back!

that's disgusting.

ciao

Freight - $6,263.16 return

The rest to just under $23k:

- bunker adjusting tax

- origin tax

- dangerous goods tax

- port service tax

- delivery order tax

- sea cargo tax

- duty

- GST (goods and services tax)

- customs tax

- quarantine tax

- quarantine depot charges

- unpacking tax

- agency tax

And get this, because it has taken so long to get it cleared by customs (not my fault), the port charged me $75/day demurrage for the container so for 13 days it's $975 on top of all the above.

The agent called me this afternoon that the Border Hold has been lifted and I can pick the car up tomorrow morning. But first thing tomorrow I am flying out, so I can only get it Wednesday when I am back :(

Freight - $6,263.16 return

The rest to just under $23k:

- bunker adjusting tax

- origin tax

- dangerous goods tax

- port service tax

- delivery order tax

- sea cargo tax

- duty

- GST (goods and services tax)

- customs tax

- quarantine tax

- quarantine depot charges

- unpacking tax

- agency tax

And get this, because it has taken so long to get it cleared by customs (not my fault), the port charged me $75/day demurrage for the container so for 13 days it's $975 on top of all the above.

The agent called me this afternoon that the Border Hold has been lifted and I can pick the car up tomorrow morning. But first thing tomorrow I am flying out, so I can only get it Wednesday when I am back :(

Can you appeal the charges?

You should frame this one:

- dangerous goods tax