I need help from '04+ owners

whiteout

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't.

But the wiring for the VW coilpack is online (vwvortex) and I will have to dig into the 3-pin coil pack to figure out which prongs receive signal and which are ground. Then I have to make a modified harness for the extra ground on the 4-pin coil pack.

Nick

I don't.

But the wiring for the VW coilpack is online (vwvortex) and I will have to dig into the 3-pin coil pack to figure out which prongs receive signal and which are ground. Then I have to make a modified harness for the extra ground on the 4-pin coil pack.

Nick

See PM sent earlier... I might be able to help rectify that :)

I got some pieces today from vw and hopefully im getting the electrical service manual tomorrow so we getting started perhaps on thursday.

The yellow cable is for the extra ground that is missing on the 3-pin version.

Il keep posting when we getting somewhere.

bild.JPG

great to see that I'm not the only one looking to tackle this.

My car is going to be down for the year in about a month. So that's when I plan on doing the conversion. Precious little driving time remains.

Nick

great to see that I'm not the only one looking to tackle this.

My car is going to be down for the year in about a month. So that's when I plan on doing the conversion. Precious little driving time remains.

Nick

woahhhhhhh wait a minute.. WHAT??? !! I thought you drove yours year round? ORRRR are you starting some big project your not telling us about with it ?? ;-) Murci lp580 2001 hp TT ?? :D

woahhhhhhh wait a minute.. WHAT??? !! I thought you drove yours year round? ORRRR are you starting some big project your not telling us about with it ?? ;-) Murci lp580 2001 hp TT ?? :D

Since moving to MI, year round is out of the picture. I picked up a 996 for winter use.

But yeah, my car will shoot sprinkles by spring. :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Lamborghini-M...9fa&vxp=mtr

there are the 04+ carbon fiber spark plug covers.

nice find!

Nick

The coil packs from the -04+ wont fit in the earlier models bescause of the input aint the same so you cant push it in all the way to the spark plug.

image.jpg

The coil packs from the -04+ wont fit in the earlier models bescause of the input aint the same so you cant push it in all the way to the spark plug.

and if you see the picture viperjon posted its not the same so im probably goin to buy the 3-pin coils unless i can change that.

image.jpg

It will fit on, but the coil pack is longer than the '02/'03. It will need an OEM spacer from an '04+ car or you can machine a spacer.

Nick

its hard to get the right parts when there is no dealer around or without OEM nr so im not really sure if im still doin this or buying the old coils.

its hard to get the right parts when there is no dealer around or without OEM nr so im not really sure if im still doin this or buying the old coils.

Hmmm.. I have a buddy (ex-co worker) who lives in London (or around there abouts), he comes to the states every few months. Happy to do my part to get him the plugs, and he'll bring them back to the U.K. Hell I had him bring my wife curtains from Ikea in London, because they stopped offering the curtains she likes in the US. He about needed a second suitcase to carry them all to us :).

If you need parts, or any help, let me know.

Jon

Hmmm.. I have a buddy (ex-co worker) who lives in London (or around there abouts), he comes to the states every few months. Happy to do my part to get him the plugs, and he'll bring them back to the U.K. Hell I had him bring my wife curtains from Ikea in London, because they stopped offering the curtains she likes in the US. He about needed a second suitcase to carry them all to us :).

If you need parts, or any help, let me know.

Jon

Hi its really nice of you want to help me out i really appreciate that, but for now i have put it on ice i will see what will happen under the winter if i get my hands on a set of spacers maybe i will get it done.

I was invited to be in the New York City Columbus Day Parade last week but I had one bad coilpack in my '03. Needed one fast and ended up having to spend $240(dealer price-$270 regular) at Manhattan Motors NYC as they were the only one locally who had stock. These are running out boyz and prices are only going up. This got me to remember this post.

Thie wire adaptions from 03 to 04 does not appear to be rocket science once the the pins are id'd but I am more worried at this point, about the physical connection to the head cover. Jon's fabulous Flicker shots which even show a partial part number 304259 of what Nick is calling the spacer versus Shunolago's pix of his 03 show me a different cover overall that may not adapt directly to the spacers that Nick has id'd at $35 each. The 03 has a hex head "spacer" coming off the cover and the '05 shows a cast extension coming off the cover and then the spacer.

I bought a VW Eldor red coil 06E 905 115E with the suffix E which appears to be for the Aventador for $17. The 04-05 coil seems to be the 06E 905 115B.

1. Can someone comment re my observations regarding the head cover construction and differences? The coil plugs into the later model "spacer" and that is how it is held in place vs the C clip retainers in the older Murcis??

2. Suffix's B and E mean a difference. Is 06E 905 115B the coil I should have gotten and what is the difference from the E I bought?

PS: The one coil I changed made such a dramatic difference in response and power in my 57K mile Murci that I definetly want to change all the coils this winter season and will figure out how to do it and cheaply.

• 5 months later...

The big nut that the coilpacks slide into is what holds the valve cover onto the head. It's the same from the countach to the LP670. The '04+ is when VW/Audi put the spacer on to run the standard coilpack instead of the 3 pin unit from Magneti Marelli.

Anyways, I'm about to dive into this project head first. Look at what came in the mail today... :D

19F9117F-2FF2-415D-9B7C-2A3397EF2D69-222

Yes, I went with red. I'm a ricer at heart. :D

The big nut that the coilpacks slide into is what holds the valve cover onto the head. It's the same from the countach to the LP670. The '04+ is when VW/Audi put the spacer on to run the standard coilpack instead of the 3 pin unit from Magneti Marelli.

Anyways, I'm about to dive into this project head first. Look at what came in the mail today... :D

Saweeet. Let me know if you need anything from me for photos and what not. GL with the conversion!

In for the info. Thanks very much for adding this to the forum. I'm very interested. I found out the hard way a few years ago - car would not start post wash :( It was not easy pushing back into the garage. Since then I actually start the car when I wash the rear end. Silly? Yes. But it starts after I wash it now.

19F9117F-2FF2-415D-9B7C-2A3397EF2D69-222

Im happy to see that you are still on it, is this the spacer that is needed for the coils to fit?

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/searchResult_o...=1&TB=49740