mountain bike race footage

suzukidave

Very nice. There were some big hits on that course. What are you riding? Your video makes me regret how little I got out on my Stumpjumper FSR this summer.

Very cool video! Some very nice hits toward the end swallowing up all of the suspension. I need to look if they have a course at any of the ski resorts around year that looked like a lot of fun

Awesome footage...gets me queezy though to see those speeds as I'm an old slow fart on the trails now. :icon_mrgreen:

Saw this vid today as well...competition is starting earlier than ever!

2007 Gallardo,

that's a shit ton of mtb per week!!!! Good on you!!

dave,

that was very cool!! How does the race work? relay every 2 hours or so? How many runs were you able to get it?

It,s in Angel Fire New Mexico, the format is 12 non stop hours of racing. I was racing it on a two man team, we decided to swap after two runs each and just relay it like that. Its riders discretion on that. Two of my buddies in my pit were doing it solo for 12 hours, so we were helping them with any mechanicals that came along. Your front numberplate has a rfi chip on it that records your runs and you can use your own bike, We had 3 bikes as back up. The spot where I passed that person at speed last year I clocked 48mph. I was lapping them at that time. My best time of the day, I had just drank a redbull, cup of coffee, and taken four Sport Leg energy pills. Kinda wondered if it would make me shit my pants. The bike is an Intense M9, and I was probably one of the oldest dudes there racing. Our team name was The Panty Droppers, and they had to announce it at the awards ceremony, which was a pretty good time. Heres a pic on my intense 951 which my wife now rides and the raw aluminum bike is my intense m9

100_0217.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

As far as hitting trees, the next day I hit one at about 20mph http://contour.com/videos/watch/tree-hit-on-chillin It broke the mastercylinder of the handlebar, tore the brake hose, broke the shifter, damaged the forks, and knocked some bark off the tree. And my bicep and shoulder is a greenish purple. That jump in the first video that I don't quite clear (later did) and make the loud noise on is 40 feet distance. I got in 13 runs, my partner 14. total 27 runs.

Dave,

I'm genuinely impressed. Way to go guys, this sounds VERY cool. I'm more of a XC guy (I don't have the budget for a full DH rig, especially with all the repairs involved as the season goes on, and I'm addicted to the fitness side of the XC that helps for my triathlon...even DH requires you to be in good shape too!) but I enjoy going downhill on the XC segments and I have nowhere near the courage you guys have to hit 40 feet jumps. :) Way to go!!

Dave,

I'm genuinely impressed. Way to go guys, this sounds VERY cool. I'm more of a XC guy (I don't have the budget for a full DH rig, especially with all the repairs involved as the season goes on, and I'm addicted to the fitness side of the XC that helps for my triathlon...even DH requires you to be in good shape too!) but I enjoy going downhill on the XC segments and I have nowhere near the courage you guys have to hit 40 feet jumps. :) Way to go!!

:iamwithstupid:

Videos can't do justice to just how fast some of these downhillers go. I rode Trestle Bike Park in Winter Park, CO 2 summers ago with my stepdad. Seeing guys hit 6 ft high jumps and clearing 20ft gaps easily is terrifying to me.

Here is one of the coolest downhill runs I have seen in at Trestle Bike Park in Colorado. http://vimeo.com/13813966