Steering wheel repair

Kerplop

So the last week or so my upper part of the 911s steering wheel starting to come unstitched. Was driving me NUTS. I thought I'd try and stitch it up myself, but all the thread I could find was not thick enough or strong enough. I didn't want some flimsy crap. My wife recommended trying some heavy duty thread (aimed at holding carpets together). I tried breaking it and the stuff took a ridiculous amount of oomph and was just slightly thinner than the stock stuff.

Spent the last hour stitching it up using the holes that were there so I could keep it looking original as possible. I'm pretty happy with it. Original steering wheel preserved, MISSION COMPLETE.

2012-10-07182846_zpsf72c76ac.jpg

Hey thanks man! Here's a before pic. For some reason it was only splitting at the top, rest of the wheel was fine.

DSC_0122.jpg

Looks great Kerplop! Glad to see you still haven't run out of P car issues to tackle. You are going to be a Porsche Master Mechanic here in no time.

Looks great Kerplop! Glad to see you still haven't run out of P car issues to tackle. You are going to be a Porsche Master Mechanic here in no time.

I might have a lot less of them very soon. We'll see haha.