Hello

Nitrouz

Greetings from Vancouver Canada!

I've been lurking on this forum over the past month or so and doing research on purchasing my first Lamborghini - an '06 to '08 Gallardo. You all, without knowing, have assisted me in understanding many crucial aspects of Lamborghini ownership (clutch life, CEL codes, exhausts, aftermarket options, warranty concerns, etc.)

I'm looking to take a step into the exotic world from my 09 GTR. After much research, I have my heart set on a 06-08 Gallardo, just waiting for the right one (right options / price) to pull the trigger.

Apologies as this post is not directly Gallardo related. I just wnated to leave a quick note to say thanks for all the information everyone here provides, and of course, happy holidays to everyone and your families.

Warm regards,

Alex

Thanks all! While waiting for the right one to come up, I'm already researching the aftermarket....kits, wheels, suspension, exhaust, interior, seats, etc.

I do have my eyes set on an 08 superleggera....but want to see if a base gallardo with my ideal options pop up, which would make my TT budget much easier...

Good Luck Alex!! They are amazing cars. You will be very happy. When you are looking at certain cars, feel free to start a thread. Someone here might know the actual car. Lambo Power is good like that. Again, Best Of Luck!

Good Luck Alex!! They are amazing cars. You will be very happy. When you are looking at certain cars, feel free to start a thread. Someone here might know the actual car. Lambo Power is good like that. Again, Best Of Luck!

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm located in Vancouver Canada and used Lamborghinis are not as popular as it is in the States. Prices are also slightly higher as well. However I will take your advice and post up what I find if an ideal one pops up.

Thank you again. And may I just say, after going through numerous threads, you have quite the collection. :)

Alex

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm located in Vancouver Canada and used Lamborghinis are not as popular as it is in the States. Prices are also slightly higher as well. However I will take your advice and post up what I find if an ideal one pops up.

Local choices aren't actually bad: currently, there are 3 MY06 -- MY08 G to choose from: a coupe, a spyder & a SL.

3 MY11 if you want newer models and another 3 if you want brand new.

True that the Lamborghini population is not large in Vancouver; but that also means a closer, tighter and better known community. Chances are you will have easier access to the history of a previously-owned car. Like most of the Lamborghini communities, the owners are friendlier, more down-to-earth and more willing to assist than owners of the other Italian brands. Hope you will find what you are looking for soon. One thing that I would suggest as part of the process is to contact your car insurance agent and ask them to do a mock-up insurance cost for the car. As you may know, ICBC requires a "tailored" policy for these cars. Depending on your driving record, the premium can range from "acceptable" to "appalling"; there is absolutely no replacement policy and it takes time to come up with the cost. Buying the car is easy; what follows afterward can be slightly bumpy. Hope this helps and good luck.

Thank you again. And may I just say, after going through numerous threads, you have quite the collection. :)

Alex

Alex, I am sure you can find one local. I was about to say I am sure some of our forum friends in your area can be of help locating and VCR is already coming through! Best of Luck and Thank you.

Local choices aren't actually bad: currently, there are 3 MY06 -- MY08 G to choose from: a coupe, a spyder & a SL.

True that the Lamborghini population is not large in Vancouver; but that also means a closer, tighter and better known community. Chances are you will have easier access to the history of a previously-owned car. Like most of the Lamborghini communities, the owners are friendlier, more down-to-earth and more willing to assist than owners of the other Italian brands. Hope you will find what you are looking for soon. One thing that I would suggest as part of the process is to contact your car insurance agent and ask them to do a mock-up insurance cost for the car. As you may know, ICBC requires a "tailored" policy for these cars. Depending on your driving record, the premium can range from "acceptable" to "appalling"; there is absolutely no replacement policy and it takes time to come up with the cost. Buying the car is easy; what follows afterward can be slightly bumpy. Hope this helps and good luck.

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks a lot VCR! I have already had a quote from ICBC. With my 43% discount roadstar Gold, I'm at just about $2000 - $2200 a year with the Gallardo, which is cheaper than the $3k a year on the GTR. So I'm fine on that front. :)

The 3 MY06 cars....one is asking for $160k (black one from Auto Empire) which is unreasonably high, a blue one that Weissach just got in for $115k which is great but I'm not a fan of the color, and a silver Spyder they just got in (I want a coupe). I see the SL and that might be something I end up with but want to see if there are other options as I don't need the SL....I'd be happy with a standard Gallardo. I'm looking for black exterior, prefereably manual, preferably with black callisto wheels.

There is one in Montreal (RR dealership) that I'm looking at, but I'm always a little weary about east coast cars due to road salt. Especially with a Lamborghini.

Been speaking with Robert at Lamborghini Vancouver and there might be a black manual 06 coming in in Feb.....so I'm waiting to see how that turns out. If not, and if the SL is still available, I'd probably just pick that up. :)

Alex

Sounds good Alex and I'm glad you've looked into the ICBC issue already. :icon_thumleft:

I would stay away from the East coast cars for the same reason that you depicted. I know the black SL & its original owner; cool guy and took good care of the car when he had it. As to the coupe, Blue Fontas is a colour that you'd either love or hate. I am not a big fan of it either; and the interior is going to be a pain to keep clean. Don't know too much about the silver Spyder. As to the black coupe; if it is what I think it is; let's just say look elsewhere.

Sounds good Alex and I'm glad you've looked into the ICBC issue already. :icon_thumleft:

I would stay away from the East coast cars for the same reason that you depicted. I know the black SL & its original owner; cool guy and took good care of the car when he had it. As to the coupe, Blue Fontas is a colour that you'd either love or hate. I am not a big fan of it either; and the interior is going to be a pain to keep clean. Don't know too much about the silver Spyder. As to the black coupe; if it is what I think it is; let's just say look elsewhere.

I agree with the latter black coupe. Therefore I'm waiting for the other black 06 to come into Weissach early Feb to decide between that and the SL, should it still be available.

Thank you so much for your help so far. Very much looking forward to joining the group. Wish you a prosperous new year and a safe holiday season!

Alex

I agree with the latter black coupe. Therefore I'm waiting for the other black 06 to come into Weissach early Feb to decide between that and the SL, should it still be available.

Thank you so much for your help so far. Very much looking forward to joining the group. Wish you a prosperous new year and a safe holiday season!

Alex

Thank you very much and the best to you as well. Looking forward to welcoming you to the Lambo community in 2013! :icon_thumleft:

I automatically have Lionel Richie playing in my head every time I see the thread title

Great... Now I'll have it stuck in my head all day today... At least it's better than the Justin beiber song in my head last week from my nieces singing it all day... So I won't complain.

• 1 month later...

After a couple months of searching and deciding, I've pulled the trigger on the black 2008 Superleggera! Delivery next Friday! Can't wait!

Thanks goes out to many here for the information, especially VCR who has been assisting me with my LOADS of questions over the last couple of months...

Can't wait to be in the "Lambo Owner" group!!

currently lowering the car by 0.75 inches on stock coilovers, getting the oem SL wheels done in black, and brake calipers in yellow... also ordered the LP570 bumper and LOC exhaust...