Geneva 2013

RaginBull

I am making arrangements to attend Geneva this year. With all the amazing cars that will be there, I have decided its the perfect year for my first time at the show. I looking forward to seeing the Ferrari Enzo replacement, the McLaren P1, Lamborghini's new limited edition car, Pagani, Koenigsegg, etc. I am sure there will be many other interesting surprises too.

Are any other LP members going? Does anyone have hotel recommendations?

:icon_thumleft:

I'll likely be there but don't know what day yet usually fly in and out same day though, not a lot to do there but eat drink and enjoy the view.

No idea on hotels but probably one in town on the lake I would hazard a guess.

The show is at a building by the airport, couple of minutes walk away. Town is about 25 mins cab ride from there.

I'll likely be there but don't know what day yet usually fly in and out same day though, not a lot to do there but eat drink and enjoy the view.

No idea on hotels but probably one in town on the lake I would hazard a guess.

The show is at a building by the airport, couple of minutes walk away. Town is about 25 mins cab ride from there.

Thanks for the info. Let me know if you're going. We should get together.

I used to live in Switzerland...the Geneva Auto Show is the best manufacturer's auto show by far. The event is absolutely enormous... have fun!

But remember to post pictures for those of us peasants that have to work...

I would love to go but I am way too busy.

I used to live in Switzerland...the Geneva Auto Show is the best manufacturer's auto show by far. The event is absolutely enormous... have fun!

But remember to post pictures for those of us peasants that have to work...

Thanks!

I am flying in the night before and back home a day later. I just want to see it real quick, but work is making it a very quick trip for me. I will take lots of pics.

Just curious? Can one purchase any "VIP" tickets at this show to get up close & personal or can we only buy general admission? Shoot, can one even buy GA?

Thanks!

I am flying in the night before and back home a day later. I just want to see it real quick, but work is making it a very quick trip for me. I will take lots of pics.

If you rush a bit, you can go through the whole show in 3 hours. If it's still set up the same way as it was 8 years ago when I lived there, most of the exotics and super cars are within the same hall...so maybe breeze through the toyotas and hyundais and spend more time in the Lambo area.... although I admit the Hyundai Elentra may rival the Aventador Roadster in sex appeal....

Just curious? Can one purchase any "VIP" tickets at this show to get up close & personal or can we only buy general admission? Shoot, can one even buy GA?

Anyone can by tickets for GA, no vip that i'm aware of, press day is the first day and like the premier everything is open access, thats what i'm hopefully getting tickets for, but supposedly only for press & not for sale.

You could potentially apply for tickets for LamboPower as a reporter but don't know who to though!

Normal days, get very, very busy, exotic stands are invite only or at the discression of the manufacturer, you might be able to talk your way in as an owner.

The real popular ones eg Ferrari you won't get in without either knowing the staff or an invite. Most stands are still open access its Just Lambo, Pagani, etc that will be closed and also usually have a private viewing room with a second car for genuine customers to poke around.

You can still get close, just out of touching range, most stands are roped or glass and on a turning table so you still get a good idea of the car. more normal cars eg new range rover, you can sit in, etc as much as you like and are open to anyone.

As mentioned above, morning or afternoon and you will be done there unless you are super keen, most of the exotics are together but not all and most of the tuners etc. All the trade stuff, lifts, tools, parts, etc are on another floor.

Its the best auto show imo, but be prepared that the staff on the big stands may potentially be unhelpful & inpolite.

I nearly had a hissy fit one year as Lamborghini didn't want to let me on their stand and i had a personal invite, owned a 560 & my Aventador was about to turn up and i had met their publicity staff before at owner events. That and they let some random dude in suit in just for asking, guess don't be young and wear a hoodie!

Pagani on the other hand were perfect as i had met there guys a few times. Ferrari i didn't even bother.

I'd love to go but I know that I don't have the time right now. Maybe we can get a group going next year between some of the PGH/OH people and a few of you in NJ/NY.

I'd love to go but I know that I don't have the time right now. Maybe we can get a group going next year between some of the PGH/OH people and a few of you in NJ/NY.

:icon_thumleft:

• 3 weeks later...

I am in Geneva. Are there any other Lambo Power members here?

Tomorrow I will get to see the Veneno, the P1 and the Enzo successor. I am very excited!