2001 6.0

digg101

I have been cleaning up my 6.0 getting ready for summer! The inner wheel wells had been painted sometime before my owning it. I have cleaned them and smoothed them out well with 1500 grit wet sandpaper. The appearance is much better now but not an even color. Does anyone know if or what Lamborghini applies at the factory?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

photo_5.JPGphoto_4.JPGphoto_1.JPG

pics of your 6.0 and the wheel wells? that might help.

Attached are the two rear wheel wells one that has been cleaned and the other one that is untouched.photo_3.JPG

photo_2.JPG

I think that you are trying to remove a coating that the factory put on. That stuff does not like to come off whatever it is. I cleaned mine and had the same problem. I did not want to paint them because of the road kicking dirt on them and making it look even worse when the paint chipped off.

I thought at first it was factory applied also and it may have very well been except there were several "runs" in the paint. It appears to be a very thick flat black coating but not quite undercoating. It is also on the underside of the car and in several places has peeled off leaving a shiny black area.

I feel they sprayed that coat at the factory to reduce sound of debris, rock, sand (road debris) hitting that material and making noise. The spray coat is there to reduce the annoying sound of debris hitting the wheel wells.

If you wanted to give them a little protection and possibly keep sound down, you could plasti-dip them. That would leave the fender wells in stock condition and give them protection. When you want the plasti-dip gone, just peel it off.

IMO, I would clean them and leave them as-is.

I have new ones for sale OEM never used.

Jacob,

Do you have a picture of them? What kind of inner coating do they have? How much do you want for them? Do you have all 4?

Kevin