Char-Broil TRU Infrared Grills?

57udl3y

I'm looking into picking up a infrared grill and was wondering if anyone here owns on or has experience with them. I've never used or eaten off of one before so I'm not sure what to expect. For reference I've always previously used charcoal so I have an interest on what flavoring effects they have.

I have a 5 burner infrared Charbroil grill. Phenomenal.. Kick grill on 20 minutes before grilling. Get hot.. Most amazing barbque ever.. very very even cooking. Makes the best Fillet Mignon. 5 min per side.. You have me wanting one now... If I knew you I would sarchastically call you an asshole, but I don't so I won't.. :icon_mrgreen:

Just make sure to clean it often.. need the heat to be able to come through evenly.

P.S.

#1 Key to grilling any meat.. and I mean #1!..

Get meat to room temperature before grilling.. Wost mistake ever is grilling meat right out of fridge..

P.S.

Get meat to room temperature before grilling.. Wost mistake ever is grilling meat right out of fridge..

:iamwithstupid:

I have a Viking grill with an infra red section works great.

I have a 3 burner, my Mom has a 5 burner and my Bro-in-law has a 3 burner....cannot beat them! Stop posting and go out and buy one right now!

PS. Everything Chad said and more!

Since I moved into our new house I haven't had a chance to redo the backyard, and thus have been using a cheap weber with briquettes. I honestly don't think I'll be going back to NG or LP, the taste is just soooo much better.

I have a 5 burner infrared Charbroil grill. Phenomenal.. Kick grill on 20 minutes before grilling. Get hot.. Most amazing barbque ever.. very very even cooking. Makes the best Fillet Mignon. 5 min per side.. You have me wanting one now... If I knew you I would sarchastically call you an asshole, but I don't so I won't.. :icon_mrgreen:

Just make sure to clean it often.. need the heat to be able to come through evenly.

Haha I know the feeling. Thanks for the quick responses and tips everyone, since it seems overwhelming popular put in a order for one should be here wednesday, time to go pick up some steaks to break it in.

Since I moved into our new house I haven't had a chance to redo the backyard, and thus have been using a cheap weber with briquettes. I honestly don't think I'll be going back to NG or LP, the taste is just soooo much better.

I've been wondering about that. I haven't cooked on charcoal in such a long time, I can't even remember if there is a difference. I was looking at a dual Charbroil Grill, It has half the grill for charcoal and smoking, and the other side is Propane/Natural Gas. It was pretty awesome, I can't see grilling vegetables over charcoal because I am not a huge fan of the char taste.

Haha I know the feeling. Thanks for the quick responses and tips everyone, since it seems overwhelming popular put in a order for one should be here wednesday, time to go pick up some steaks to break it in.

My wife somehow got my grill on a close out for $300... Best $300 she ever spent.lol... 5 burner is huge. I can cook 25 fillet's at once if I want too.. haha.

5 burner is huge. I can cook 25 fillet's at once if I want too.. haha.

I'd like to make dinner reservations please... :eusa_dance:

I've been wondering about that. I haven't cooked on charcoal in such a long time, I can't even remember if there is a difference. I was looking at a dual Charbroil Grill, It has half the grill for charcoal and smoking, and the other side is Propane/Natural Gas. It was pretty awesome, I can't see grilling vegetables over charcoal because I am not a huge fan of the char taste.

Worlds apart, especially if the briquettes are mesquite wood. Its how BBQing is supposed to taste.

Worlds apart, especially if the briquettes are mesquite wood. Its how BBQing is supposed to taste.

Sometimes I put smoke wood on my lp grill and put my meat on the upper rack.. Best of both worlds.. Little more mess to clean up, but whole lot less mess than a briquette bbq. MMMMM...Babyback ribs with a Jack Daniels oak barrell smoked flavor are the best!

I'd like to make dinner reservations please... :eusa_dance:

6pm sharp nightly in the spring and summer.. Except for King Crab nights.. those you'll have to pry out of my cold dead hands!

P.S.

I have always heard this. But I don't buy it. Plenty of restaurants put out steaks I could only dream of making so good. And I know for a fact they don't let them get to room temp. If they did, the health department would shut them all down in a hearthbeat. They are cooked up cold right out of the fridge.

So Charbroil's hold up pretty well over time? I've always been partial to Webber as I have great luck with them. Going to go with a wood fire or charcoal grill this summer to see how bad I can screw things up!

So Charbroil's hold up pretty well over time? I've always been partial to Webber as I have great luck with them. Going to go with a wood fire or charcoal grill this summer to see how bad I can screw things up!

I have a three-burner and love it. Makes a great steak. My only complaint - its three years old and the burner pan and grills are shot. Now, in full disclosure, I grill steaks nearly every time (rather than fish, etc), and peg the thing at like 700 degrees and have gas straight from the house so I tend to keep it on for longer. Its no wonder the burner pan is shot. The grill surface, on the other hand, is a mystery. That said - it was only ~$300 and I just spent $150 for the new parts. When they are shot I will buy another one.

PS - I think there is a way to "temper" the burner pan to prevent this but I haven't looked into it yet.

I have always heard this. But I don't buy it. Plenty of restaurants put out steaks I could only dream of making so good. And I know for a fact they don't let them get to room temp. If they did, the health department would shut them all down in a hearthbeat. They are cooked up cold right out of the fridge.

I have great steaks when I go out.. I understand you can have a great steak at a restaurant.. The fillet's and ribeye's I make at home are better than any steak I have had at any restaurant. Other than a raspberry crusted bone in ribeye that I had at the Grand American hotel in Salt Lake City.. That was the best steak I have ever had..

Also never pepper a steak until you take it off the heat, the fire causes the pepper to burn. Sea salt only.