1. 1. Whats your annual mileage

• under 500 miles (800 km)
    • upto 1,000 miles (1,609 km)
    • upto 2,500 miles (4,023 km)
    • upto 3,000 miles (4,828km)
    • upto 4,000 miles (6,437km)
    • upto 5,000 miles (8,046km)
    • over 5,000 miles (8,046km)
  2. 2. How many km has your Countach done?

• under 1,000 km (617 miles)
    • upto 5,000 km (3,084 miles)
    • upto 20,000 km (12,335 miles)
    • upto 40,000 km (24,670 miles)
    • upto 60,000 km (37,000 miles)
    • upto 80,000 km (49,340 miles)
    • upto 100,000 km (61,676 miles)
    • over 100,000km
    • over 150,000km

I'm wondering how much Countach's are driven, as it appears (to me at least) that an increasing number of supercars rarely, if ever leave hibernation.

Last year I attended an charity fundraiser at a well known track, and it became obvious that some of the cars were not driven very often, as evidenced by their speed through corners (I nearly rear ended a Porsche Carrera GT when he passed me at the end of a straight, only to then tiptoe through a hairpin, and I simply couldn't brake that hard!)

Lastly on some forums, various speakers have suggested that "x" is too many miles for car "y". But I wonder how mileage affects the Countach?

I'm not particularly worried about my mileage because:

i) the QV appears well built and mechanically very strong.

ii) I've heard that at least one Countach has passed 100,000 miles,

ii) I'm planning to keep the car until I die, not until its worth millions,

So basically I'm asking how much your Countach is driven annually and its total mileage (roughly)

This is purely for interest, and as I haven't made a poll before so hope it works!

Jonathan

• 3 weeks later...

I just turned over 52,000 km and put on about 2000 to 3000 km annually. I budget $5000 a year to keep her running (May to Oct)...and i have had years of $300 (oil change only) to $12000 (rotors, brake pads, calipers and tires)...

I view her as rolling art and I take the role of custodian - labour of love and always fun to drive, so drive her!!

my odometer shows 32 k km. When it arrived here showed 26 k km. I did 6k km in almost 4 years, so 1500 km per year. That rate will probably slow down in the following years, as i did a long trip of 1200 km in one weekend, an experience i do not want to repeat. I think my average mileage per year will become 800-1000 km (500-700 miles).

ciao

Mine has around 27,000 kms on it. I probably drive it about 500 miles a year.

:iamwithstupid:

EXCEPT the last 6 months.... I stopped driving it when I got the whole cancer thing, and I fucked the car by letting it sit... Now Im ready to drive it again, and I need the engine worked on.

THESE CARS MUST BE DRIVEN!!!! Its something I've said for YEARS now, and now I'm learning my own lesson.

:iamwithstupid:

EXCEPT the last 6 months.... I stopped driving it when I got the whole cancer thing, and I fucked the car by letting it sit... Now Im ready to drive it again, and I need the engine worked on.

THESE CARS MUST BE DRIVEN!!!! Its something I've said for YEARS now, and now I'm learning my own lesson.

What?! the cancer thing? you ok man? You should have told me and I would drive your car for free....;)

What?! the cancer thing? you ok man? You should have told me and I would drive your car for free....;)

Yeah. I was diagnosed with early stage colon cancer in January. January 21st to be precise. At 12:15 pm if you want to get technical.

Anyways. After about 5 months of sweating various opinions we finally got the all clear that the cancer was contained to the removed polyp.

Yeah. I was diagnosed with early stage colon cancer in January. January 21st to be precise. At 12:15 pm if you want to get technical.

Anyways. After about 5 months of sweating various opinions we finally got the all clear that the cancer was contained to the removed polyp.

Man that's scary. How old are you? Recommended colon check up is 40

Man that's scary. How old are you? Recommended colon check up is 40

Bloody glad to hear you have the all-clear!

Got myself checked couple of years ago, might get it rechecked...

Just realised I hadn't mentioned my mileage!

JLA12415 has currently done about 66,000km, so I've done over 20,000km in 8years, so 2,500km a year..

Bloody glad to hear you have the all-clear!

Got myself checked couple of years ago, might get it rechecked...

Well. Do it. The actuaries said I should have my first scope at 50. I would have been dead by 45.