Meanwhile In Iran...

Vahid

Dubai tags?

v5eubq.jpg

Temporary import for now until he buys what we call a sports permit. Every athlete that gets a gold medal in the Olympics gets one of these permits, there are a few left. That is the only way to plate these kind of cars over here.

There is a 458 that was recently plated, the owner bought Hamid Souriyans (Wrestler) permit.

2nvz0qa.jpg

An SLS was also recently plated...

2rcyb06.jpg

347i87t.jpg

Couldn't stand to drive these nice cars over there. The roads are shit, no one knows how to drive, and how the hell do they get serviced??

Not to mention the insane cost to get something like this over there. My buddy told me there's a Veyron running around Tehran right now which is nuts.

That is crazy. So Vahid the Gold Medal winners can SELL their permit? I can imagine that would be VERY lucrative.

That is crazy. So Vahid the Gold Medal winners can SELL their permit? I can imagine that would be VERY lucrative.

Precisely, the last few were selling for around 150k USD. So just to recap, you would have to pay for the car, customs which is actually just a bit over 100% and of course your permit.

Why can't they be titled like normal cars? What's the criteria? Just curious because it seems odd.

Any vehicle with an engine over 2.5 liters is technically "prohibited".

Any vehicle with an engine over 2.5 liters is technically "prohibited".

LOL! That's kind of stupid and short sighted, isn't it? I mean the gvt is missing out on a ton of taxes if customs is 100%.

LOL! That's kind of stupid and short sighted, isn't it? I mean the gvt is missing out on a ton of taxes if customs is 100%.

Yes, they are trying to get the people of Iran to continue buying the shitbox death traps that Iranian manufacturers are pumping out

God, I can't park my car in Salt Lake City unattended for a minute without a crowd forming...how are these folks driving these exotic cars there???

> Any vehicle with an engine over 2.5 liters is technically "prohibited".

Perhaps the twin banks of the 5.0 Gallardo can count as two engines?

:)

Well played!

I see you recently changed your "From" location. Did you move back? (If you don't mind me asking)

Well played!

I see you recently changed your "From" location. Did you move back? (If you don't mind me asking)

Yes. I will be based in my own city, Shiraz. I'm back in Dubai at the moment but will be in Shiraz mostly from now on and will go back and forth between Dubai and Vancouver.

Yes. I will be based in my own city, Shiraz. I'm back in Dubai at the moment but will be in Shiraz mostly from now on and will go back and forth between Dubai and Vancouver.

That's not a bad commute.

:icon_mrgreen:

PS. What does this mean for the STS?

That's not a bad commute.

:icon_mrgreen:

PS. What does this mean for the STS?

She is up for sale at Al Ain Class Motors :eusa_wall:

2rnbfj5.jpg

^ No kidding, that's quite the car gathering going on there. I still think the MC12 is hideous but it is a very rare beast none the less. Ditto for the Koenigsegg.