Prices after new G replacment

nforce

Take it easy Assman it wasn't meant to be rude as I said, if he's very concerned about cost at the bottom of the market where the swing is few thousand dollars what's going to happen if he gets in a situation where expensive repairs are required? etc.

I was trying to help by giving him my honest opinion not to put the guy down or humiliate him, what would I gain by doing what you are inferring? I am quite disappointed with your comment because after so many years of interaction I expected you to know me better, anyway as long as we know where we are standing, it's all cool :icon_thumleft:

But $10k to 20K on a car he is in the market for is 10-20% of the total price of the car. Thats a pretty big swing if those numbers you stated are accurate.

If I read correctly and the OP is in Canada, you may be able to get the updated 06 stuff for cheaper and just import it from the US, that alone may save you a ton on these kinds of cars. Normally, as I've noticed lately, cars in the 8 - 9 year old range don't seem to differ at all, but these ones may given the higher premiums in general. Might be an idea to look into bringing one up then.

But $10k to 20K on a car he is in the market for is 10-20% of the total price of the car. Thats a pretty big swing if those numbers you stated are accurate.

At the entry point you can easily have a differentiation of $10 to 20k depending on condition/miles/color/options etc. etc.

Just to further clarify, my comment was mainly focused on what could happen after the purchase, being able to buy is one thing, being able to service,maintain and pay the bills in case of mechanical failure etc. is another, repairing a 04 Gallardo Egear system costs just as much as repairing the system of a 13 model, it goes the same for the rest of the components, that's the reason why I commented that if the ability of swinging $10 to 20k for a good car in his price range isn't there he'd better hold off until he gets himself to that point.The comforting thing is that the Gallardo is pretty much bulletproof if you buy the right car but the right car can easily be $10k plus more than the junk that floats around at the bottom of the market, salvaged cars, etc.

I've started with $100 in my pocket I always dreamt of owning exotic cars etc. and eventually I was able to buy my first decent car, it wasn't an exotic but I was working my way up, when I bought it I didn't buy the right car because the car I should've bought I couldn't afford, I bought a history car because that was all i could afford at the time and I wanted to fulfill my dream, an engine replacement later and few other unexpected issues set me back in my car journey further than if I were to save my pennies initially and get the right car.

I owned and still own many cars, exotics and non, I have a lot of experience with buying used, new etc. a lot of experience with cars in general, I was only trying to help by sharing my own experiences, everyone can draw their own conclusions and do their own research.

I don't think 10-20k should be something to worry about as long as you get a car that's well maintaned. Otherwise maintenance will destroy that.

i think preowned G prices aready reached their lowest point two years ago and will not go lower with the new G. I rrecomend a 09 SL or a Balboni or an early LP560 spider: they are three wonderful cars whose prices should not not go down anymore.

They are great cars that work very well.

ciao