eBay SCAM Alert Urraco #15800

Twicebaked

I put an offer on a "parts car" Urraco #15800 on eBay the offer was very low and the listing ended. Today I received a "Second Chance Offer" the sellers "email" [email protected] I asked a question and got this response.

"Thank you for the reply. According with eBay you can buy my car for your last offer: $5,000.00. The "winner" on eBay, after speaking on the phone waiting for him all day long comes up and wants a straight swap. If that wasn't enough the bugger almost made me lose my flight. Must tell you i'm in Europe with business for the next 6 weeks but this is not a problem because i have the car in a shipping company custody and they will take care of delivery (i offer free shipping within 800 miles area).

However, before any delivery can be done I want to be sure that we do this transaction in the safest mode possible for both of us using eBay because they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability during online transactions. Needless to remind you that I am a professional seller with exquisite 100% positive feedback, so I offer and expect 100% seriousness (take a look over my feedback on eBay).

Using eBay you will get 3 days to inspect the car (after it's delivered) before paying me and I'll be sure that I have a genuine buyer with funds ready who won't mess me around. You'll get the chance to inspect the vehicle, test it and everything you like while your money are safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm with eBay that you agree to keep the car, they'll release the money to me. In case you don't like it you get a full refund.

If you have the funds ready email me back with your name and address for delivery and i will register the transaction with eBay. Once the transaction is registered, eBay will contact you with ALL the info regarding shipping, purchase protection, and refund policy (no obligation to buy and no fees involved if you won't accept the transaction's terms).

Regards,

ANDREW DUNFORD"

Quick google of his email address and poof same exact email was posted on another forum.

'68 Sport Wagon

Contacted eBay by phone as I had now two more emails from him and was told it was a scam that NO second chance offer was ever sent through eBay and that the seller is most likely in on the scam or has been hacked. Be warned on this one.. Re-listed http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAMBORGHINI...=item4174caf7a2 BE WARNED!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a new member of the forum, looking for a "project" Urraco. This item on ebay looked good to me (although not at the "buy now" price of $22000) so I emailed "happysuper114" to ask for a viewing. (I said I had a contact locally who could oblige me). A viewing was definitely not forthcoming! His actual response was "sorry no i like take eazy way". (I think we now know that)! I wonder how many times this car is destined to be "sold".

I am, however, intrigued with the pictures shown. Assuming they are genuine they show a car which is not on the ILR database of Urracos known to be still in existence. Is the true owner involved in the scam? Of course, the pictures may be historical and the car scrapped some while ago. In any case, it is a great shame if the car is destined never to scorch the tarmac again!

The "seller" on ebay may know Nothing of the scammer or they may be working together its always hard to tell so said eBay. Thus for the last few weeks this poor "scammer" seller has been going to western union every day and every day I have a new form for him / her / it. They have been quite fun to play with. remember scammers are always wrong.

• 1 month later...

Looks like it's back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...p;vxp=mtr#v4-37

If someone actually finds a project status Urraco (one that isn't totally gone, just needs TLC and resto but has the parts) let me know. I've got the funds to start looking at one under 20k.

Do not want something insane that was lost at sea. But I'm not afraid of upholstrey work or body and paint work. Long as it runs and isn't missing a bunch of parts. I'll dig it.

Also open to Espada cars or Jarama cars that need TLC.

It would be nice to jump on an Urraco that doesn't need much that lands under 30k but I'll have to wait till the 914 sells before I can do that. Deal with the wife is I have to use the money I get from selling my cars, no pulling from investments :lol2: so whatever, fair enough.

Honestly... this Urraco wouldn't scare me, if it weren't a scam. Although I don't want to jump on the first thing I find, either. I suppose it'll be hard to hold back excitement as opportunities arise.

That blue on blue combo was probably pretty damn hot back in the day! Can't wait to see you earn Lambo Owner status!!!!!!!!

urraco_p250_79.jpg

That blue on blue combo was probably pretty damn hot back in the day! Can't wait to see you earn Lambo Owner status!!!!!!!!

urraco_p250_79.jpg

Me too. I should realistically probably wait till the 914 sells before I look for one. I feel like I'll probably find a decent Urraco in the below 30k mark for USD. Below 20 I feel like I might find something that may cost a lot more in the long run. I need to just not be impatient :lol2:

Someone DID come and look at the 914 today with an awful lot of interest. Told him I'm flexible on the price, so... soon!

We will all keep our eyes open for you. There were two in LA not to long ago for sale in your price range.

LA? Hmm, that's not far from me.

Also, as we have all seen, one pops up on ebay 1-3 times a year. Please, when your 914 sells, don't be in a rush. Wait for the right car at the right price.

Also, as we have all seen, one pops up on ebay 1-3 times a year. Please, when your 914 sells, don't be in a rush. Wait for the right car at the right price.

This is fair enough advice. Very good point. Now if only I can get the damn thing to sell! :lol2: This mysterious car that pops up 1-3 times a year, is it legit? Or is it also a scam? Is there "something" about the car?