Door Lock Confirmation Chirp

ToofDoc

OK, any of you know how to turn on (activate) or turn off (deactivate) our Gallardo door lock confirmation "chirp"?

I seem to lost mine and was wondering how I can turn it back on?

The only time my chirp stopped working for me was when the front boot wasn't latched correctly. When the boot is open it wont chirp. Maybe a sensor in the front is off? Im not sure how it works exactly.

The only time my chirp stopped working for me was when the front boot wasn't latched correctly. When the boot is open it wont chirp. Maybe a sensor in the front is off? Im not sure how it works exactly.

Interesting.....I'll have to go mess around and see..

I had my bumper adjusted recently...so something has to do with that. It was chirping prior to the front bumper switch and adjustment

Or was the alarm siren left unplugged. If the trunk was open it will give you a warning in the cluster.

No way to turn it off/on that I know.

Yeah, it's weird...no one can figure it out?

Everything is latched as it supposed to.

How do I test the car alarm horn? How can I trigger it to test to see if the alarm is connected?

Yeah, it's weird...no one can figure it out?

Everything is latched as it supposed to.

How do I test the car alarm horn? How can I trigger it to test to see if the alarm is connected?

One way is roll left window down lock the car with remote wait about 1 min then reach in and open the door from the inside the park lights should flash and alarm siren goes off. Not all Gallard's have alarms all have remote locking with key immobilizer but not alarms it is a option.

But if it did it before then it should know.

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys,

Has anyone figured out how to turn ON the chirp on locking doors on the Gallardo via the remote? I thought it was possible, because some owners claiming their cars so chirp.

I am also being told by others that this is not true.

Can anyone here post a solution?

And can any owners whose Gallardo chirps on door lock please post their year, sub-model of Gallardo, and what country the car was originally delivered into? Trying to narrow down why some cars chirp while others do not.

I have been talking to our dealer, but they do not know how to turn ON the chirp. I have also spoken with Lambo corporate, and they also do not know.

I have been led to believe that NONE Gallardos of any year chirp the horn.

My car chirps when locked, 2012 550-2 spyder. But I am pretty sure all my previous Gallardos did as well. 06 Gallardos, 560, and 570. I dont think its the horn that chirps just the alarm.

My Gallardos did, all years, my mechanic turned it off, must be something simple.

Hi Fortis,

Thanks for the info.

I remember you being somewhere in Canada also?

Who is your mechanic? One of the Lambo dealers?

If you could please shoot me his contact info, I could get in touch with him to see how to do it. Does not matter where they are located.

Thanks!

Hi Fortis,

Thanks for the info.

I remember you being somewhere in Canada also?

Who is your mechanic? One of the Lambo dealers?

If you could please shoot me his contact info, I could get in touch with him to see how to do it. Does not matter where they are located.

Thanks!

Carbuff I am sorry I don't live in Canada, I will call my dealer now and see if their current mechanic can help me, the mechanic who did it for me no longer works for them and he's relocated overseas.

I will get back to you.

Edit: no reply, he's gone home for the day, I will get back to you in less than 24 hours.

Hi Fortis,

Great! Many thanks for looking into how it is done.

I need a starting point to go to my local authorized Lambo dealer with.

Like if it was done with an aftermarket relay, or some kind of OEM press of a programming button with the Lambo computer, like they do with Daytime Running Lights.

They are not familiar with it and have never done one, although they are one of the largest volume Lambo dealers in North America.

So your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Why I need to do this:

When I am walking away from the car, and the sun is shining on the tail-lights, I can not tell if the car is locking or not.

So I have to retrace my steps back to the car, and listen for the door actuator locking the door.

The chirp would be a nice safety feature to have enabled, as a confirmation that the car is actually locking.

My car chirps when locked, 2012 550-2 spyder. But I am pretty sure all my previous Gallardos did as well. 06 Gallardos, 560, and 570. I dont think its the horn that chirps just the alarm.

Thanks Vbugking! Your note (and others I got on another forum) confirm it.

It is a high pitch alarm syren chirp, and NOT a car horn chirp. That may help the dealer to figure out where to turn it ON.

We are making progress.

I am sure many Gallardo owners will want to have the chirp enabled, when we finally figure it out.

Waiting on Fortis (Thanks!) to see if his mechanic can shed some light on this :)

No problem Carbuff, my pleasure trying to help a fellow LP member, I should have an answer for you tomorrow.

I actually asked my mechanic to turn mine off :icon_mrgreen:

Ok Carbuff, I managed to get hold of my first mechanic overseas, he asked me the following:

Does the car have interior monitoring, the switches beside the seats?

He told me you have to use vag-com and add 1024 to the coding in 46, no idea what that means.

I think he's partying now because his messages are coming back to me at approx 20 min intervals LOL

I hope that helps.

I will post more as soon as I get more info from him and as soon as I can speak with the current mechanic.

Got a bit more info.

Is it possible that the alarm only chirps on Gallardos with NAV enabled on the Multi Media Interface (MMI) system?

Ours does not chirp, and it does not have NAV.

On NAV-enabled decks, the chirp apparently can be activated via the "Settings" button on the NAV-enabled MMI system.

There should be a simple user-selected option on the screen for it.

UPDATE: Dealer looked at a NAV car today, and the function is NOT visible. So not consistent on NAV-enabled cars. So there goes that theory.

Anybody without NAV whose alarm does chirp?

Fortis, yes, the car does have the 2 alarm switches (tilt and inside monitoring switches) beside the seat.

I contacted local dealer with the info you provided. They are looking into it now, and taking the NAV/no Nav possibility into account.\\

UPDATE: Apparently on Audis, you can turn it ON with the VAG-COM system in Module 46 by adding 1024 as the value (as Fortis noted above).

Then the setting becomes visible in the MMI deck, and is user-configurable.

Can any Lambo tech confirm this also holds true for the Gallardo model?

My 560 chirped for years!

I shipped it to have my front bumper swapped to an OEM 570 front bumper. The installer had to reposition the car horn to fit the OEM front bumper liner.

When the car came back from the front bumper switch, I lost my birdie!?

The birdie never came back since! I miss him.

UPDATE: Apparently on Audis, you can turn it ON with the VAG-COM system in Module 46 by adding 1024 as the value (as Fortis noted above).

Then the setting becomes visible in the MMI deck, and is user-configurable.

Can any Lambo tech confirm this also holds true for the Gallardo model?

The mechanic I asked said it will work.

The second mechanic, my apologies, I was very busy today and when I called he was gone already, I've left a message for him to call me tomorrow, I will report back.

Fortis, thanks for your help with this! Much appreciated.

The local Lambo dealer now tried the procedure on 2 Gallardos. It failed on both.

The response code on the analyser was "coding 1024 not active", and it aborted the operation.

The suspected factors of NAV/no NAV have now been ruled out as a possibility of why the car does not chirp. I do suspect the car has to have the optional alarm system for the siren to be present and chirp, if the sound is indeed high pitch siren sound, and not a car horn sound.

Been working hard on solving this.

I have a few more calls to make across the USA, but I will go all the way to corporate in USA and then to Italy if I can not get an answer on this side of the ocean from one of the "authorized" dealers.

Solving this has now become an obsession. Surely this can not be that hard to figure out. 1/2 the Gallardos do it, the other half do not.

It is almost like it is a secret that nobody wants us to find out. I have spoken with some USA dealers, and owners. Every dealer I speak with has stated that they know of an owner who would also like this feature turned ON.

Frustrating. Out of the 11000 cars built over the last decade, you would think I would not be the FIRST to go and dig deep to figure it out. What happened to the other 5500 guys whose car does not beep?

Surely one of those guys figured it out already with the help of a Lambo tech? And it *should* be a repeatable procedure on different Gallardos.

And why is the factory keeping it a secret?

Hoping perhaps your 2nd guy or another Lambo tech on this forum can solve this mystery, maybe by talking to their "Italian connection"

Also confirmed via Audi forums that the option can be coded via the vag-com system in module 46 by adding 1024 to the value. One post said this enables the visibility of the chirp ON/OFF option in the "Setting" button of the MMI (Multi media Interface) deck. But this does not work on the Gallardo.

Still stumped how to make this happen. Any insight that your 2nd tech can provide will be much appreciated!

> car has to have the optional alarm system for the siren to be present and chirp

Yep, the chirp comes from the optional alarm system, not just plain door locking.

The system consists of a tilt sensor (to detect towing/lifting), a volumetric sensor

(to detect movement in the cabin), two disable buttons (located on the bottom of

the pillar behind the driver's door -- the tilt sensor needs to be disabled when the

car is being shipped, and the volumetric sensor needs to be disabled when you're

trying to leave a Chihuahua with separation anxiety in your parked car), and -- at

least in my SL -- a red LED visible though the driver's door window.

The chirp is emitted upon successful arming -- to the best of my knowledge it can

be disabled via a firmware setting; however, I have never bothered to try.

If arming fails -- say because the front hood is latched but not fully closed -- then

there will be no chirp and no red blinking LED, i.e. just plain door locking.

Hi Lautos,

OK, from your description, the car MUST have an alarm system for the door lock chirp confirmation to occur, correct?

Our car, like endless others, will lock and arm the car (red light blinking on doors) but no siren beep. That is the problem.

Carbuff, My 2013 Canadian spec LP560 does NOT chirp! Yes I would like it to chirp when i lock my doors. Good luck with this mystery!!!