LP640 Rims on 2003 Murci & aftermarket wheels

mickb

As per other thread, I've done a deal today on a 2003 Giallo Orion Murci.

Only thing I'm not too sure of in terms of my new cars look is the wheels. I much prefer the LP640 Hemera wheels in Gloss Black.

Are these a straight forward bolt on to a 2003 car or do they require spacers etc?

Do they take the same tire sizes also?

Any aftermarket rims in stock sizes I should consider? (I dont' want to do 20's or anything, would like to keep handling as stock)

They will fit just fine without any spacers. The offset is the same for Murci and LP640

My friend has iforge concave wheels in black 20" front and rear. They look very nice, better then the Hemera IMO. No issue with AWD either.

I have both Hemmerra and Roadster wheels in stock, all colors, with or with out tires..if interested to purchase contact me at

[email protected]

Enjoy your new ride!!

Thanks but I'm all the way across in wee Ireland ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Go with the Hermeras. Not that it should matter, however "most" aftermarket wheels aren't speed rated for speeds in excess of 150 mph for a sustained period of time. I have aftermarket Maya's on my Murcie (Alex's old one pictured on the banner of this site) and I not only get a vibration at speeds over 150 but my front diff also blew. Having taken the wheels off myself several times I can tell you that they are not "hub centered" like the factory wheels are, meaning that the wheels do not fit snugly on the hub lip as the factory wheels do. On the other hand, I can't use factory wheels on my car as it also has the Brembo big brake upgrade which helps immensely for braking.

It's a matter of taste really. Hermera and Hercules wheels were designed for cars, I'd go with them.

• 3 weeks later...