Is this guy serious?

VF1Skullangel

There was a guy who registered up on one of the Porsche forums who said his lifelong dream was to restore his car. He let it sit for over 10 years, so of course upon it being his own fault for not taking care of it, he then came on with some "fund me" website trying to raise some $20,000. Needless to say the community didn't take well to it, he delete his post, and he deleted his account.

I STILL want a Lamborghini. I realize I'll probably have to get rid of my Porsches to do it. I realize I still have to work my ass off. But if I'm going to own one, it's going to be under MY own power and motivation and not a pity plea. Just as others worked for theirs, I will work for mine.

I don't understand the entitlement mindset.

Wasn't there a guy a while back that got himself a porsche by trading garbage (starting with nothing) on craigslist?

Wasn't there a guy a while back that got himself a porsche by trading garbage (starting with nothing) on craigslist?

He traded up to different things slowly but surely, starting with a paper clip, if I recall.

He traded up to different things slowly but surely, starting with a paper clip, if I recall.

Paperclip to a house was another guy. (He had a website and fans and it's a fun story to read.)

The barter kid went from a cell phone to an old boxter. Impressive nonetheless consdiering he didn't have the internet fanbase following him around.

http://jalopnik.com/5591644/how-a-17+year+...e-for-a-porsche