Pricing prediction?

sprite

It's grey with black/black alcantara/leather and silver (i think) stitching on the center console and dash. CF everything pretty much, and dark wheels with silver CCB.

Sounds very cool, share some photos if you don't mind.

Let's hope you won't burn too much on it, I hate depreciation, I am considering not buying new again but I don't like not being able to spec and rarely do I find exactly what I want.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few pictures. Some on my girlfriends iPhone I think. Will check later. I'm not much for taking pictures of my own cars.

I think their sales will be similar to what they are now. There will be more competition, but there is still plenty of buyers to go around. It will be in it's final phase, the GT3 phase, and replacement will be under development I'm sure. A few of those cars are still at least 1-2 years away too. I expect Gallardo deliveries in about 1 years time and R8 in 2 years. More competition, but still plenty of room.

I'm actually impressed with their sales numbers. Even 1000 per year is decent for a new company selling $200-300,000 cars. Even Porsche only sells a few thousand 911 Turbos each year, and those are much cheaper. There are a lot of McLarens for sale, but there are lots of Aventadors and F12s for sale too. I think they'll be OK. There is room for McLaren, lots of buyers buy mo

Here is a picture of it from a few weeks ago.

uFPd7Yj.jpg

there are hardly any 2013 coupes out there anyway.... most are spiders.... they will resume coupe production for the 2014 model year cars....

All things equal, a 2013 will have a premium, but rarely are all things equal.

Fortis,

Your post #75 above, perfectly summed up everything I've been thinking about my 12C experience, and put a big bow on top! ;)

I am hoping that the new NSX (since they are targeting the 458 Italia) will also make it into your list of new market segment choices. I bet that a future "R" version of the hybrid NSX will be a take no prisoners car. We shall see.

:)

jmiggs,

I'm just amazed at the trunk money that McLaren keeps throwing out there to sell the cars. There are far too many of these cars floating around looking for a home; I wonder why? ...... Do you think this might be why they gave old Anthony Sheriff (Managing Director) the boot ?? :eusa_think:

In addition, almost none of them made their way to Manheim because even the dealers don't want to get stuck with these mp4.

Fortis,

Your post #75 above, perfectly summed up everything I've been thinking about my 12C experience, and put a big bow on top! ;)

I am hoping that the new NSX (since they are targeting the 458 Italia) will also make it into your list of new market segment choices. I bet that a future "R" version of the hybrid NSX will be a take no prisoners car. We shall see.

:)

Thank you, I was eagerly awaiting the release of the 12C but when I saw the final design I was disappointed, shallow, I know, I always go for the looks :icon_mrgreen:

I was going to write the NSX in my list above but I am not entirely up to speed with what's happening with it, is there an estimated release date? Specs etc?

I have a few pictures. Some on my girlfriends iPhone I think. Will check later. I'm not much for taking pictures of my own cars.

Here is a picture of it from a few weeks ago.

uFPd7Yj.jpg

I really like that color, post more shots if you want, I haven't seen it in this color before, most people like it in skittles but I don't, with the exception of volcano red IMO it looks best in darker colors, blacks,grays.

Also I am looking forward to seeing the GT3 version, I hope they go all out.

NSX looks OK. It looks kind of R8.

I don't have high hopes for the performance though. Honda makes solids products and so the NSX should be a well made car, but I worry it will be underpowered and heavy. It also looked kind of big in person. One thing I like about the McLaren is that the car is no smaller really in size that most exotics, but it feels smaller and the cabin pushed forward, but it is still quite comfortable. Great driving position. Surprisingly there is tons of luggage room and space behind the seats as well.

Honda has partnered with McLaren in F1 recently, so maybe there is more than meets the eye to that deal. There could be some P13/NSX collaboration. Not that it would probably happen anytime soon or probably ever, but Honda buying McLaren would be great. In the event that McLaren Automotive doesn't reach it's financial goals, I see it as an acquisition target as they clearly know how to make some very good cars with very good technology. Honda/McLaren would be a force to reckoned with in terms of quality/performance. I could see McLaren Automotive getting bought by someone though.