Vandenberg

Twicebaked

SAVE the LAST WEEKEND of SEPTEMBER 2014!

Please do not make other plans or other events on Sept 30th, 2014

Save it for "The Vandenberg 2014"

Hats off to Co. Marty, Jennifer and Jim for the most amazingly fun drive event and show of 2013! The Auto Gallery hosted a launch with fresh coffee and muffin bar for the drivers to fuel us all for the drive up on Friday. Jim had the drive worked out super smooth. Not a hitch not a ticket no worries. AMAZING drive up the coast, this drive up rivaled the Grand Giro in ultra short form. Once we arrived at the base we got checked in and off to the officers club we went for lunch and a mini show. Then off to the base museum where we were greeted by JP one cool cat who went over base history then he took us over to a THOR ON the PAD! Yes the last THOR and on the pad no less. Really how cool is that? Did I mention except for paying for lunch this is all free?

After the base tour and the Thor experience we returned to the officers club where we gathered for dinner with an Airman. What a hoot to have a meal with whose serving us it was beyond cool, all the car people and the Airmen and Women of Vandenburg there. Truly an honor to be there, did I mention only cost so far was lunch and dinner?

After dinner we drove to the Embassy Suites Hotel who had SECURE parking all sectioned off for us. Guards all night plenty of lighting as well... Those who wanted to party on had plenty of time to do as you wanted.

Saturday morning we ventured out to the show, the hotel had micro fiber towels for our use, plus there was a car detailer who is amazing at the show for a quick freshen up. Next year they will be at the hotel so no worries there.

The Show Grounds are on par with the best Monterey has to offer, set up is really quick simple and let the day start. The young lady who sang our National Anthem stunning.. Lotus group, Porsche, Ferrari club had the bulk of the show as expected a few Bulls came to play, Laust had his Espada there, Kevin brought his Diablo from AZ as a retired Air Force officer you would have though he would have known his wing unit was based out of Vandenberg! The Airmen and woman loved the event the wine was flowing the band playing the kids had events and activities for them as well a free car show that made you feel great.

After the show we had a few hours to get ready for an after show dinner held at the Hitching Post not far from the show ground, that dinner was a real hoot!!!! ALL in ALL an AMAZING WEEKEND! The hotel kept the security in place until we all checked out.

Sunday Morning BONUS! SpaceX launched a Falcon 9 at 9am on a clear blue Sunday Morning. Really how cool is that?

So please tell your car buddies NOT to PLAN anything for the last weekend in September 2014.. The price is right the place is right and the reason is right!

IT WAS FANTASTIC!!

I know the last owner of that SV...the original Montery Blue Diablo SV Monterey Edition...#20 of 20 I believe...That's the only car that would go for over an Aventador...Cool pics!

There were Ferrari FF and a 599 GTB who came set up and departed BEFORE the show started, so Kevin put his car in their slots SIDEWAYS dead center of the show. EPIC placement for the car. The Airmen and Women went nuts for it. Heard two little boys talking saying that car must be the fastest car ever made because did you see how shiny it is. LOL whatever kick starts the dream.

This from a guy whose sig is speed is life. :aikido:

The A-7 could run an F-4 out of gas on the deck, The A-10, well the 30mm bullets were very fast...but no matter how fast you could go, you always wanted to go just a little bit faster, didn't you?

The A-7 could run an F-4 out of gas on the deck, The A-10, well the 30mm bullets were very fast...but no matter how fast you could go, you always wanted to go just a little bit faster, didn't you?

Circle the hawgs!

This from a guy whose sig is speed is life. :aikido:

Yo, Single Seat, in those airplanes DEFINITELY, speed is life, cause if you slow down, your dead....run when you can, turn when you must....ever fight a "modern"Hog, ie lead computing sight and Aim 9L's , below 500' AGL? Cause above 500' AGL was WAY high altitude...

Save September 26 - 27 2014 for the Vandenberg 2014.

The Run and the show are FREE

Friday Sept 26th meet to rally to VAB.

Lunch at the officers club

Base tour (its very cool) See what the California coast really looks like undeveloped. See the history of our missile program.

If we are lucky see a Thor IRBM on the pad.

Dinner with an Airman at the Coastal Club on Base!

Hotel has secure lighted parking and auto detail services at night to prep your car for the show (wash and detail optional and extra)

Saturday Sept 27th

Cars to the Show placement 9am

Show 10 -3

Wine tasting

Vendors

Kids activities

Great food

Most of all Great People!

Voting for best of show categories TBD

Keep the date open.

ONLY preregistered cars will be shown reregistration opens April 2014

NO LIMIT on cars open to all Exotics!!!! Did I mention its FREE?

Yo, Single Seat, in those airplanes DEFINITELY, speed is life, cause if you slow down, your dead....run when you can, turn when you must....ever fight a "modern"Hog, ie lead computing sight and Aim 9L's , below 500' AGL? Cause above 500' AGL was WAY high altitude...

Well, I'm not gonna' lie, helmet + AIM-9X = death on demand. Things are easier now, but less fun. I secretly know that everything from iron sights to CCIP is where the real fun is. I've already gone through the JDAM blues. I'll just take solace in the knowledge that at least women generally keep the hedges trimmed these days! Yep, that's all we've really got to cling to at this point.