End of Gallardo production is here

dyvatvol15

The old Gallardo looks just as outdated as a 360 :) and the 458 is still the V8 supercar to own. The Speciale is just coming out, and will be the car to own and beat :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Gallardo looks just as outdated as a 360 :)

To your eyes only.

Then you edited your post and added:

and the 458 is still the V8 supercar to own. The Speciale is just coming out, and will be the car to own and beat :)

1. Lamborghini doesn't make a V8 model.

2. There are already just as many 458's on the resale market as there are Gallardo's. People love the 458 so much that they can't dump them fast enough.

The Speciale is a waste - no one cares about it. Most people like the regular version better. The Speciale looks like a 458 that tried to look more like a Lamborghini via an aftermarket body kit.

When you call it, "the car to beat," what does that mean? McLaren will beat it in every measurable way as far as speed goes and Lamborghini will beat it in every way that actually matters.

The 458 was a great success for Ferrari but it already looks old and no one cares about it anymore. Modern Ferrari's don't have the staying power that Lamborghini's have.

To your eyes only.

I am fairly certain it's not my eyes only :)

The old Gallardo looks just as outdated as a 360 :) and the 458 is still the V8 supercar to own. The Speciale is just coming out, and will be the car to own and beat :)

It's a matter of preference, it doesn't interest me at all, the Speciale is one of the ugliest cars Ferrari ever made, they all fast and to me it comes down to looks, I have to like the car aesthetically, as simple as that.

It's a matter of preference, it doesn't interest me at all, the Speciale is one of the ugliest cars Ferrari ever made, they all fast and to me it comes down to looks, I have to like the car aesthetically, as simple as that.

Certainly, I agree.. But Ferrari could sell double the cars Lambo do, it's just a more desireable brand than Lambo. My comments were directed at the strategy Lambo has chosen, not the looks of the car. Ferrari has way more money and technology than Lambo, so I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Ferrari couldn't do what Lambo has done. Lambo took the easy way out, making 32 editions of the same car.. updating it a bit everytime - saving a ton on development costs. Great strategy for the companys wallet.. great strategy for the Gallardo model in itself? I don't think so. It's a bit ridiculous to make so many versions of the same car.

Don't want to take anything away from the Gallardo, its an amazing machine. And you could say, that it makes it cheaper to get into a lambo. You have a lot of versions to choose from :)

To your eyes only.

Then you edited your post and added:

1. Lamborghini doesn't make a V8 model.

2. There are already just as many 458's on the resale market as there are Gallardo's. People love the 458 so much that they can't dump them fast enough.

The Speciale is a waste - no one cares about it. Most people like the regular version better. The Speciale looks like a 458 that tried to look more like a Lamborghini via an aftermarket body kit.

When you call it, "the car to beat," what does that mean? McLaren will beat it in every measurable way as far as speed goes and Lamborghini will beat it in every way that actually matters.

The 458 was a great success for Ferrari but it already looks old and no one cares about it anymore. Modern Ferrari's don't have the staying power that Lamborghini's have.

EVO doesn't agree :D

EVO doesn't agree :D

That is a silly response. I shouldn't need to explain why so I won't.

Certainly, I agree.. But Ferrari could sell double the cars Lambo do, it's just a more desireable brand than Lambo.

Actually, Ferrari sells triple the amount of cars per year. You call that more desirable, I call it less exclusive.

When a new model comes out Ferrari has to flood the market before the used cars with no miles start to back up on the resale market (like the 458s already have been for over a year).

Actually, Ferrari sells triple the amount of cars per year. You call that more desirable, I call it less exclusive. They have less staying power so they need to flood the market before the cars start to back up on the resale market (like the 458s already have).

Well, you said no one cared about the 458 anymore, this video proves that the 458 Speciale is certainly the car to be reckoned with right now. It's the best of best in the range. No one is talking about MP4-12C's.. They only did right when it came out. People didn't like it. Reviews said it felt clinical and without passion and soul. And when it comes to cars, that is what its all about.. And Ferrari almost always wins in that category :) And if they wanted to, they could develop on the car for the next 10 years, making 34 versions.. all of them keeping up with what the other manufacturers put out there.. just like lambo did. But that's not how Ferrari does it.

Yeah, I know Ferrari sells way more cars.. What I meant was, that Ferrari could easily do what Lambo did, and still sell double or triple - which proves that people have not stopped caring about the 458, 430 or 360. Off course there are more for sale, they produced a lot more of them. That's simple logic.

Actually, Ferrari sells triple the amount of cars per year. You call that more desirable, I call it less exclusive.

When a new model comes out Ferrari has to flood the market before the used cars with no miles start to back up on the resale market (like the 458s already have been for over a year).

And desirability and exclusivenes have nothing to do with eachother :) - There's a lot of exclusive cars out there, produced in small numbers.. but their desirability is way less than a standard 360 :)

I don't feel like picking a fight with you, you have my utmost respect. We just disagree :) And you own and will own cars, that I will never get near.

You sound like asscelerator, how much experience do you have with the Gallardo?

I bet none or very little because if you had any you wouldn't make some of the comments you've made.

Gallardo evolved quite dramatically over its life span and at every step it kept up or exceeded the capabilities of its Ferrari counterpart, even if, as you said, the technology and the budget used wasn't on par with Ferrari's, what does that tell you about Lamborghini? It tells you that they are pretty good at what they do, very resilient and can do more with less.

Talking about 32 models is ignorant, there were only a hand full of base Gallardo variants no more or less than what Ferrari puts out, doing a limited run of the same base model, changing a color combo or some trim pieces doesn't make a new model.

The base variants were always:

AWD 6 sp/e-gear Coupe/Spyder full trim/Superleggera

RWD 6sp/ e-gear Coupe/Spyder full trim/Superleggera

Over the life span of the model, various things were improved/updated and every model was better than last.

I have no issues with their strategy, I bought the models which I enjoyed and to a certain extent I don't care what the company does, what marketing strategy they employ in order to move merchandise, those who are concerned with it I am sure they will buy a different brand and that's fine it's called freedom of choice and your choice as a customer is to vote with your wallet, ultimately it's all business, if you like Ferrari better nobody stops you from giving them your money.

You can't take anything away from Gallardo, it's an iconic car, a legend, one of the best sports cars of all time and to be quite honest I find it quite disrespectful you coming on this thread which is dedicated to celebrating what most here consider a pivotal model in Lamborghini's history and talk Ferrari nonsense, this is LamboPower not FChat. :icon_thumleft:

You sound like asscelerator, how much experience do you have with the Gallardo?

I bet none or very little because if you had any you wouldn't make some of the comments you've made.

Gallardo evolved quite dramatically over its life span and at every step it kept up or exceeded the capabilities of its Ferrari counterpart, even if, as you said, the technology and the budget used wasn't on par with Ferrari's, what does that tell you about Lamborghini? It tells you that they are pretty good at what they do, very resilient and can do more with less.

Talking about 32 models is ignorant, there were only a hand full of base Gallardo variants no more or less than what Ferrari puts out, doing a limited run of the same base model, changing a color combo or some trim pieces doesn't make a new model.

The base variants were always:

AWD 6 sp/e-gear Coupe/Spyder full trim/Superleggera

RWD 6sp/ e-gear Coupe/Spyder full trim/Superleggera

Over the life span of the model, various things were improved/updated and every model was better than last.

I have no issues with their strategy, I bought the models which I enjoyed and to a certain extent I don't care what the company does, what marketing strategy they employ in order to move merchandise, those who are concerned with it I am sure they will buy a different brand and that's fine it's called freedom of choice and your choice as a customer is to vote with your wallet, ultimately it's all business, if you like Ferrari better nobody stops you from giving them your money.

You can't take anything away from Gallardo, it's an iconic car, a legend, one of the best sports cars of all time and to be quite honest I find it quite disrespectful you coming on this thread which is dedicated to celebrating what most here consider a pivotal model in Lamborghini's history and talk Ferrari nonsense, this is LamboPower not FChat. :icon_thumleft:

Read my posts again :) I pretty much stated exactly what you yourself said. I said that the Gallardos evolved alot, and that the first Gallardo is not the same car that was build this year. I said that it was a cash cow, and they milked way beyond what I personally think they should. Thats just my opinion, not a constant truth :)

Read my posts again, I agree with you, was just countering RB's statement that Ferrari NEEDED to produce 3 difference models to keep up with Lambo. They didn't need to.. they have their own strategy and timeline for new models. If Ferrari wanted to go the Lambo way, they could. They could just as easily develop on the same car for 10 years, each time perfecting it even more... and keeping up with what other manufacturers put out there. That was my original statement. :)

To sum up; I didn't bring up Ferrari nor the countless Gallardo versions. I just responded. Nothing disrespectful about that Fortis :)

I red your post, have you red mine?

Talking about things you know very little about, have no hands on experience with, can't influence and are out of your direct control is never a wise thing and doesn't make you look very good, you are arguing with people who have extensive experience with the things you are arguing about, I think you should consider the above before you make your next post.

I red your post, have you red mine?

Talking about things you know very little about, have no hands on experience with, can't influence and are out of your direct control is never a wise thing and doesn't make you look very good, you are arguing with people who have extensive experience with the things you are arguing about, I think you should consider the above before you make your next post.

Hmm, I don't see what first hand experience has to do with this particular discussion? And the rest of the things you mention, no other member on here have any influence on either - so that pretty much makes everyone equal in this discussion? I don't really know what you are getting at? Unless someone on here suddenly turns out to be a Ferrari og Lambo designe/engineer, this discussion is about (the part I am taking part in) is about the Gallardo vs. 360/430/458 and whether Ferrari could have done the same with their cars, as Lambo did with the Gallardo. None of us knows, only Ferrari knows :) In my opinion, they could.. If they wanted to. RB thinks otherwise. That's a fair discussion no? I am not commenting on RBs personal experience with his cars at all :)

Since when first hand experience is irrelevant in forming an opinion or constructing an argument?

First hand experience, let me give you an example, you are saying that Ferrari is better than Lambo, what are you basing that on? What makes you think that? How do you know you wouldn't like Lambo more once you drive both?

That's akin to saying I hate foie gras but I love caviar when in actual fact you haven't tasted either, am I missing something here?

One of my old teachers once told me, don't say you hate something you know nothing about!

No, that is not what I said Fortis. Nevermind, this is tiresome. Feels a bit odd having to defend positions I have not taken, and being accused of being disrespectful while clearly I am not. And suddenly being told of 1st hand experience in an area where no one on here has experience, but merely a discussion on a hypothetical topic?? Weird and odd. I'm out.

Keep on the Gallardo love, it's an amazing machine.. Like I said in one of my first posts.

I don't feel like picking a fight with you, you have my utmost respect. We just disagree :) And you own and will own cars, that I will never get near.

:eusa_naughty: Never say never.

Best of luck to you! :icon_thumleft:

Yay Gallardo! Saved the brand and is a timeless design. 10+ years old and it still looks good from a basic 04 to a 13 STS.

Ferrari can suck it. ;)

Not sure about the Balboni. Definitely if they had left LP550-2 production at the 250 Balboni cars, but since the LP550-2 continued through the 2014 model year - and at a discount rather than the premium that the Balboni was - the Balboni is really nothing more than an expensive stripe and leather package. IMO, sort of uncool that Lambo did that to buyers - and to Balboni himself. The LP560-2 is both rarer and includes performance enhancements, small though they may be (lightweight buckets, 10hp), and there were a few made in the very short final model year (~375 total 2014 Gallardos by my estimation). If I were buying a 2WD model to hold, that is what I would seek.

I read with a lot of interest your opinion and i partially agree. But here there is not the LP560-2 or at least i never saw one on the road or on the official listing so i did not even know they did it. Yes, you are right, Balboni edition is just a white stripe onthe body and seats, but it was the first 2WD Gallardo and Balboni is a legend. If one day i will have a vintage Gallardo 2WD, i want a Balboni, no doubt about it. Just my opinion of course. There are a lot of very good looking Gallardo models, like the Superleggera (i by far prefer the 570 much more than the first 530), the Balboni, the Performante, the Supertrofeo Stradale and the Squadra Corse. There are so many G versions that every one can find whatever he likes.

Thank you very much for the LP560-2 info.

ciao

I agree with most of what LaHostrup posted, Fortis & RB. He was not attacking or being hateful, just the opposite.

Let's not turn LP into some blind fanboy camp that some other sites turn into. It takes nothing away from the Gallardo if some of the guys' opinion here is different from others.

Lambo has its own strategy for model development - ~10 years.

Ferrari has its own - ~4-6 years.

That's how they choose to do business and which one is better is totally up to the individual and what they look for in a car/brand. Clearly both of them are successful with their approach.

There are plenty of folks out there who have gotten tired of the Gallardo look, moved on to McLarens and other cars waiting for new model to be unveiled.

There are also plenty of folks who'd buy a 2023 Gallardo LP980-6 over a 458 just because that's what they prefer, no right or wrong.

:icon_thumleft:

No, that is not what I said Fortis. Nevermind, this is tiresome. Feels a bit odd having to defend positions I have not taken, and being accused of being disrespectful while clearly I am not. And suddenly being told of 1st hand experience in an area where no one on here has experience, but merely a discussion on a hypothetical topic?? Weird and odd. I'm out.

Keep on the Gallardo love, it's an amazing machine.. Like I said in one of my first posts.

I think Ferrari makes great cars, maybe even better than the Lambo. But Lambos have a timeless shape that i do not see anymore on the Ferrari since F40 times. Of course those are just personal opinion, so you are right, RB is right and i'm right too.

Don't be upset, they are all magnifcent cars.

ciao

You certainly don't need any first hand experience of a Gallardo to be a part of that discussion, can't see how that would help. But that is something that comes up here every now and then.. If you disagree with someone over the name of a Lambo color or weather a Diablo is more expensive than a 575, and you haven't driven the cars in question, you can get the "you haven't driven the cars so shut up"-card in your face. It's quite funny.

I was actually going to disagree with RB over his statement about the Speciale but realised that I haven't driven it so I couldn't say anything.. (just kidding, just kidding)

Oh, and I like the Gallardo too. :headbang:

I agree with most of what LaHostrup posted, Fortis & RB. He was not attacking or being hateful, just the opposite.

:icon_thumleft:

I agree. I had no issue with any of his comments. We stated our opinions, I shared some facts and he quoted a journalist. We agree to disagree. All in good fun. :icon_thumleft:

I was actually going to disagree with RB over his statement about the Speciale but realised that I haven't driven it so I couldn't say anything.. (just kidding, just kidding)

Oh, and I like the Gallardo too. :headbang:

Just to be clear: I made no comment discrediting LaHostrup's opinions for not owning these cars. Go back and read.

Just to be clear: I made no comment discrediting LaHostrup's opinions for not owning these cars. Go back and read.

I'm sorry, my comment wasn't directed at you. But now when I read my comment again I can understand if you would think so. I was just stating that things like that have happened before on this forum (not by you) and I tried to make a joke about it. Which clearly failed.... :icon_mrgreen:

Go Gallardo!