2006 or 2009

alexo

should I stay away from a 2006 and only go for 2009 and +?

the price is an issue and unless the 06 is a disaster compared to 09 id rather save my money and maybe do a tt package...

what do you guys think?

2009 +

If you can afford an 09, then it's a much more refined car. That being said, older G's are fantastic too. You will not be disappointed with any year, trust me. Just make sure it has the latest revisions done to software.

If you can afford an 09, then it's a much more refined car. That being said, older G's are fantastic too. You will not be disappointed with any year, trust me. Just make sure it has the latest revisions done to software.

+1.

On the pre2009, you will have more choice on manual or e-gear.

cheers,

john

2009+ egear lasts quite a bit longer.

If you are looking for manual the difference is less obvious (other than body style changes).

Personally - I prefer the nose of the 09+ but you change it aftermarket if you want to.

If you test drive a 2009/later versus a pre-2009 you'll see there is quite a difference in how the car shifts and feels.

I own a 2006 SE. It's a hell of a car! (In a positive way.) Have I hade more money I would have gone for the newer one but hey, I can't say that I would have had THAT much more fun?

The Gallardo is not a refined car anyway. It's a brute, a noisy and rough piece of automotive engineering. It's flawed in many ways, both as a track day car and as a boulevardier. But any Gallardo will give you that smile on your face, any Gallardo will produce attention where ever you go. Make sure you get the right car and if you can afford the newer one I'm sure you will appreciate it's qualities but the difference is not the end of the world.

You can TT both cars. TT preLP is also cheaper in comparison to 2009+ LP cars.

Buy what you feel you like most.

I was in the same boat two years ago when I was looking at a G. I looked between at a 2008 or a 2009. After referenced the forum like you, I end up with a 2009. Love it!

• 2 weeks later...

If you can afford the 2009 you should go for it. Far more refined in the egear and much more power than the pre Lp. The saving grace of the pre LP is it has the far better exhaust once you dump an LOC on...

If you are going egear, an Lp560 no question is the right choice.. You dont even need to TT it.. If its manual, than Id prefer an earlier car over an egear car, unless you get an lp560 or 550 in a 6 spd. That is the ultimate combo inmo.. If you can find a 570 or STS in a 6spd..I wouldnt do anything to it..