LP640 prices

GDautosport

Can anyone educate me on the current lp640 prices?

I've been casually looking at lp640s and cant quite figure out where these cars are trading. I've seen dealer ask prices anywhere from 200k to 240k for coupes, and 200k to 260k for roadsters. Some of the ones on the low end of the range seem to be pretty clean under 10k mile cars as well.

Where does everyone think a clean sub 10k car actually trade?

I was looking for an LP-640 at the end of last summer and was as confused as you are. I saw a few '07/08's go for $190-200k. Most dealers seemed to think that $200k was the floor for their LP-640 regardless of miles, color, or options.

I did talk to a guy about two months ago who was trying to sell his '07 LP-640 with some nice mods and around 15k miles...he told me he had tried to sell the car to a few dealers, but he didn't get a single dealer offer over $170k. Where does that put the actual market for these cars? Beats me.

lp640 are dropping below $200k asking now. i suspect it will continue to drop into the winter months. these cars are great value but have not taken a depreciation after 2009 dip. i am going to guess that they will start to get into $170-180 in the next year or two. many v12 fans have gotten into Aventador in recent months.

lp640 are dropping below $200k asking now. i suspect it will continue to drop into the winter months. these cars are great value but have not taken a depreciation after 2009 dip. i am going to guess that they will start to get into $170-180 in the next year or two. many v12 fans have gotten into Aventador in recent months.

I wonder if the eventual LP-640 dip will affect early Murci prices (which seem to be in the $120-130k range). At what point do we think the early Murci's have bottomed out?

Until Aventador pricing drops, you won't see much movement in the lp's or the early Murcies. There haven't been many, and by that I mean less than 5 or so, that have sold in the last 6 months for less than 190k, and that's on a coupe...removing of course salvage title or story cars from the list of sales. The cars dipped down into the 180k range back in 2010 ish, with the speculation that the Aventador would be priced more reasonably...then 3 years without a v12 car being produced, add to that no manual transmissions ever again on the V12 cars, and you've got the last gen murcie's holding their value, even with miles.

Any franchise dealer is going to low ball you anyways, that's the foundation of their business...so it's difficult to use a dealer offer as a basis for what the cars are worth...the average person doesn't have several gallardos and one or two 500k current model year cars sitting on their floor that they're trying to sell...plus many franchise dealers don't like keeping anything 5 years old or older in inventory, and the factory pushes this thought process. So, in order for them to "chance it" they are going to low ball you.

Having said that, you can expect to pay 190k or so on a coupe that has an asking price of 200k and about 215k on a roadster with 10k miles on it. Afterall, for the price of a used Aventador, you can get an lp640 and a 560g.

• 3 weeks later...

I too have been watching the prices. All of the pre LP prices are dropped pretty damn dramatically. Unfortunately, the Lp640 pricing is still pretty firm hovering around the 200ks...

I've seen a higher milage one sell for 180, but other than that no such luck. I had my eye on a monterey blue lp roadster for a little over 200... Someone got that within a matter of days.

I too have been watching the prices. All of the pre LP prices are dropped pretty damn dramatically. Unfortunately, the Lp640 pricing is still pretty firm hovering around the 200ks...

I've seen a higher milage one sell for 180, but other than that no such luck. I had my eye on a monterey blue lp roadster for a little over 200... Someone got that within a matter of days.

I think it's back on the market. I saw it pop up 2 days ago.

I think it's back on the market. I saw it pop up 2 days ago.

I havent seen anything new come up. Seeing inventory sit for a while with list prices not changing.