Brake Caliper Paint Conversion

ToofDoc

Maybe powder the color then apply script with painted clear over it for final?

No point in having them powder coated then. If they are being powder coated all of the pistons and the seals have to come out of the calipers. Its a pain in the ass. A lot of people constantly say they are powder coating stuff and really just paint it.. I happen to be able to do either and for calipers I always use paint. What if the caliper fails after being powder coated bc the seals were bad when put back in? Too many risks.

No point in having them powder coated then. If they are being powder coated all of the pistons and the seals have to come out of the calipers. Its a pain in the ass. A lot of people constantly say they are powder coating stuff and really just paint it.. I happen to be able to do either and for calipers I always use paint. What if the caliper fails after being powder coated bc the seals were bad when put back in? Too many risks.

All good points! Let me run these concerns with my shop and see what they say?

Just had a lengthy conversation with my guy. He will powder coat them with removing the pistons. Aventador calipers are Brembos calipers, my shop has done numerous amount of Brembos calipers including other Lambos. He's done them all with removing the pistons carefully and placing them back. He stated that it's more work but he rather do it thoroughly with baking powder coating instead of paint. I've seen his work at his shop so I trust him completely.

As an additional security to minimize risks, a Lamborghini technician at my Lambo dealership will be doing the installation my newly painted calipers when my car comes. I will remind them to check all caliper pistons during install to make sure all parts were placed back and functions properly.

Just had a lengthy conversation with my guy. He will powder coat them with removing the pistons. Aventador calipers are Brembos calipers, my shop has done numerous amount of Brembos calipers including other Lambos. He's done them all with removing the pistons carefully and placing them back. He stated that it's more work but he rather do it thoroughly with baking powder coating instead of paint. I've seen his work at his shop so I trust him completely.

As an additional security to minimize risks, a Lamborghini technician at my Lambo dealership will be doing the installation my newly painted calipers when my car comes. I will remind them to check all caliper pistons during install to make sure all parts were placed back and functions properly.

Please don't take my opinions as if I am bashing who ever is doing your work. I am sure they are more than capable of doing the job and doing a fantastic job to boot. I am just trying to educate people on the process of the work. They do make some high heat vinyls that could work for the stencil but I have not seen anyone do that. I have seen people put the stencil on over the powder coat with no clear and that is a terrible way of doing the job. I have seen the work that was done on your Gallardo and it was done in fantastic fashion so you are in good hands.

ToofDoc did the factory not offer the color you wanted?

Because paint work is down outside of factory (contracted paint company), Lamborghini does not offer caliper ad personam paint colors for the Aventador at this time.

Standard colors still remains black (free) and cost option colors yellow, red, grey, and orange.

Does Huracan have more color choices?

Because paint work is down outside of factory (contracted paint company), Lamborghini does not offer caliper ad personam paint colors for the Aventador at this time.

Standard colors still remains black (free) and cost option colors yellow, red, grey, and orange.

Does Huracan have more color choices?

Same color options on the Huracan, I thought under Ad Personam you can select any color, shame you can't.

Same color options on the Huracan, I thought under Ad Personam you can select any color, shame you can't.

Depends on how well of a customer you are you'll get whatever you want especially if you can pay the big $$$ and you'll get ad Personam everything ;)