Aftermarket Wing

dj700

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has an aftermarket rear wing on their Aventador. I've always liked the look of the big wing on the back, my favorites being the Countach and the Murci SV. So far my favorite on the Aventador (from pictures) is the Oakley design wing, but I have yet to see one in person.

My dealer was telling me though that when you install the wing and disable the feature for the factory wing to raise at speed it gives off a warning light. Just wondering if anyone knew of a workaround to that. Also if you do disable the raise feature does it affect the engine cooling?

(On another note I ordered the Kreissieg exhaust, my installer has a dyno so I'll get a run before and after to see if any difference. I'm also going to get an ECU tune so will do a before and after (both with exhaust at level 5) run with that as well. I'm guessing April or early May by the time the exhaust gets here and gets installed........maybe by then I'll figure out how to post pics and vids on the forum!)

All the spoilers out there are virtually unimaginative. They mostly are inspired by the SV design and that wing just does not fit the angles of the Aventador. I wish someone would just start over. The closest thing to something original is Novitec. Its not like there isn't a template of how to do it. Just look at the aventador J and go from there. For now, I'll just wait for Lamborghini to come up with the design. Till then, I am fixed "spoiler-less" and that fine by me!

Oakley design is the best wing out there IMO, Novitec being 2nd , pretty sure it doesnt throw any codes. Whatever you do dont go DMC unless you want your instrument cluster to light up like a christmas tree. lol

Oakley design is the best wing out there IMO, Novitec being 2nd , pretty sure it doesnt throw any codes. Whatever you do dont go DMC unless you want your instrument cluster to light up like a christmas tree. lol

What is it about the DMC kit that would cause this??

• 2 weeks later...

Really curious as to why aftermarket wing throw codes. Doesn't it just mount onto factory wing and works normally when the stock wing raises and lowers..am I missing something?

Really curious as to why aftermarket wing throw codes. Doesn't it just mount onto factory wing and works normally when the stock wing raises and lowers..am I missing something?

They disable the raiser/lower option and lock it down low.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a reason they do this? Is it because factory wing not able to raise or lower with aftermarket wing attached to it?

It is able to raise but it looks weird then. Skip to 1:!4

Below is Novitec's reply as to why they sell the cantronic with their rear wing.

Other companies sell a wing that installs onto the rear spoiler and then they disconnect the factory rear spoiler from rising. The problem is that the rear spoiler also aids in cooling which I am sure you know so by disconnecting it your car will overheat. The cantronic installs so that the factory rear spoiler raises into position 1 for cooling but it does not raise into position 2 since that would produce too much downforce and cause damage.

Below is Novitec's reply as to why they sell the cantronic with their rear wing.

Other companies sell a wing that installs onto the rear spoiler and then they disconnect the factory rear spoiler from rising. The problem is that the rear spoiler also aids in cooling which I am sure you know so by disconnecting it your car will overheat. The cantronic installs so that the factory rear spoiler raises into position 1 for cooling but it does not raise into position 2 since that would produce too much downforce and cause damage.

Interesting. Thanks for posting the reply.

• 4 weeks later...
All the spoilers out there are virtually unimaginative. They mostly are inspired by the SV design and that wing just does not fit the angles of the Aventador. I wish someone would just start over. The closest thing to something original is Novitec. Its not like there isn't a template of how to do it. Just look at the aventador J and go from there. For now, I'll just wait for Lamborghini to come up with the design. Till then, I am fixed "spoiler-less" and that fine by me!

I agree with you.

I want one as well but, Im not in love with anything out there.

I might end up with the novitec.

At least that one flows better with the lines of the car.

• 1 year later...

I just installed a Novitec Wing with the module worked great for 1000 miles then warning light and in Corsa mode at say at 100 mph comes on then goes down flush then the traction control turns on I guess it thinks it needs downforce. Novitec tells me it needs a code reset however I'm a long ways away from a dealer. I'm sorry I bought it frankly I bought it as they market it like its the only wing that does not throw codes yet still allows the wing to go up to let heat out. The only way can reset this is pull over and turn Aventodor off then on. Plus one other issue when parked and wing up slightly for cooling you can't open bonnet for engine bay it hits the wing do beware!!!!!! No unless you don't go over say 100 mph yer OK but ?????

I just installed a Novitec Wing with the module worked great for 1000 miles then warning light and in Corsa mode at say at 100 mph comes on then goes down flush then the traction control turns on I guess it thinks it needs downforce. Novitec tells me it needs a code reset however I'm a long ways away from a dealer. I'm sorry I bought it frankly I bought it as they market it like its the only wing that does not throw codes yet still allows the wing to go up to let heat out. The only way can reset this is pull over and turn Aventodor off then on. Plus one other issue when parked and wing up slightly for cooling you can't open bonnet for engine bay it hits the wing do beware!!!!!! No unless you don't go over say 100 mph yer OK but ?????

image.jpg

image.jpg