Heffner GTT loses control/goes off track

BrianZuk

Crazy... still not clear to me Brian why he lost control. What did he say happen?

Guest 300MPH

How easy is it to counter steer against the back end coming around?

Does the AWD at that kind of power level make this proposition more difficult than in a RWD car?

How easy is it to counter steer against the back end coming around?

Does the AWD at that kind of power level make this proposition more difficult than in a RWD car?

Awd stays straighter than rwd by nature. Reaction time wasn't quick enough from the driver.

Looks like when boost came on in 3rd it spun the wheels and caused him to get sideways

Luckily this didn't happen in 5th gear!

Hi guys,

I hope that you are all enjoying the footage and videos that are circulating of the TT STS. The past two weekends have been a lot of fun for us as well as the owner of the car.

Last weekend we were really focusing on getting our half track speed as high as possible which makes it easier to get the full track speed that we wanted. On this particular pass you can obviously hear that we are using a launch control that is programmed into the MoTec system. The car launched well but as you can hear was against the traction control all the way through first gear. In second gear the ecu allows a little more freedom and the car spun through second. Feeling that the car was on a good pass, the owner didn't want to lift. He shifted into third and the wheelspin continued to a point where the back end obviously started to come around. At this point, as easy as it looks from behind the keyboard, it's not easy to recover from this. The car spun at about 120 mph and went of into the dirt.

Thankfully the driver and car were uninjured and he was able to drive it back ontothe pavement and back into the pits. Fortunately for us there was a fire truck on the premises and they were nice enough to hose the car off for us. We checked it over, made a few adjustments and headed back out to finish the day with the win.

We plan to be hitting the track a lot with this car as well as one or two others so keep an eye out for them. I promise that they won't disappoint.

Hi guys,

I hope that you are all enjoying the footage and videos that are circulating of the TT STS. The past two weekends have been a lot of fun for us as well as the owner of the car.

Last weekend we were really focusing on getting our half track speed as high as possible which makes it easier to get the full track speed that we wanted. On this particular pass you can obviously hear that we are using a launch control that is programmed into the MoTec system. The car launched well but as you can hear was against the traction control all the way through first gear. In second gear the ecu allows a little more freedom and the car spun through second. Feeling that the car was on a good pass, the owner didn't want to lift. He shifted into third and the wheelspin continued to a point where the back end obviously started to come around. At this point, as easy as it looks from behind the keyboard, it's not easy to recover from this. The car spun at about 120 mph and went of into the dirt.

Thankfully the driver and car were uninjured and he was able to drive it back ontothe pavement and back into the pits. Fortunately for us there was a fire truck on the premises and they were nice enough to hose the car off for us. We checked it over, made a few adjustments and headed back out to finish the day with the win.

We plan to be hitting the track a lot with this car as well as one or two others so keep an eye out for them. I promise that they won't disappoint.

Why do I picture Kevin with a Heffner voodoo doll right about now?

C21D511F-089C-4141-8530-7BE6619B3153-2025-000002ED7D180FD5_zps1d18a6e1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Do you have an idea of what kind of wheel speeds he experienced? With the way these cars come onto boost I imagine if you don't catch it quick it feels like you're on ice.

C21D511F-089C-4141-8530-7BE6619B3153-202

No wonder he messed the shift up. He has no hands.

C21D511F-089C-4141-8530-7BE6619B3153-2025-000002ED7D180FD5_zps1d18a6e1.jpg

Let the games begin ...

Nothing like a little competition to break "new" ground ...

It's gonna be a great Summer ...

Let the games begin ...

Nothing like a little competition to break "new" ground ...

It's gonna be a great Summer ...

Only competition I see is some future UGR on UGR crime lol

Jeeeezus ...

Man does Bob's car pull hard on the back half of the run ...

From 4th gear and up those 2R's are dropping a $hitload of power on the pavement ...

Looks like Heffner has some work do ...