What kind of 19" setup are you guys running?

alecela

• 4 weeks later...

Probably covering what aready has been said by my set up is HRE rims 19 front 20 rear.

235x30x19ZR front 345x25x20ZR rear (AWD) No diff issues. In fact I just put on another set of Pirelli pzero rosso's front and rear. I manged to get new fronts and rears Fronts manufactured 2012 and rears 2009 A bit old but rubber was still in great condition. I love this combo but must admit will have to consider where to next time. 1010tires.com have a good online rolling radius calculator by the way.

Even though this is crazy thinking I am wanting to eventually go back to orginal 18s but using SV rims If any one has a spare set they dont want anymore let me know :-)

• 4 months later...

We may be able to add a new setup to the list. Some may not agree with this layout, but I think its probably going to be the money shot. Anyone who drives their murci as much as I drive mine can likely attest to the fact that these cars are ROUGH to ride in, and while there is little we can do for shock adjustments to make them more compliant, one 'easy' option is to adjust side wall heigh, so they have a little more 'compliancy' during bumps.

So with no further ado... I have ordered these for my setup, and they should be in on Friday of this week, I hope to get them mounted on that day as well (maybe saturday at latest). I wanted more side wall, becuase my 25 series rears have no give.

This DOES work with AWD:

265/35 - 19 (Fronts)

345/30 - 20 (Rears)

If you look the suttle difference is the sizes for a 19/20 combo. Normally (and I currently have) the setup is 235/35 -19 and 345/25 - 20. The rear increase is over .75 of an inch (1.5 + Total) but you only 'feel' .75 of the total increase since its a circle), which gives me more cushion, and it lowers my RPM when cruising per gear (at a given MPH) and my speed per gear also goes up. I now can do 70.74 mph in 1st, 101.19 mph in 2nd, 136.87 in 3rd, 176.46 in 4th, and 201.99 in 5th, theoratically only 227.62 in 6th.

I'll let folks know how it goes. Its great to have these sizes in MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORTs :)

We may be able to add a new setup to the list. Some may not agree with this layout, but I think its probably going to be the money shot. Anyone who drives their murci as much as I drive mine can likely attest to the fact that these cars are ROUGH to ride in, and while there is little we can do for shock adjustments to make them more compliant, one 'easy' option is to adjust side wall heigh, so they have a little more 'compliancy' during bumps.

So with no further ado... I have ordered these for my setup, and they should be in on Friday of this week, I hope to get them mounted on that day as well (maybe saturday at latest). I wanted more side wall, becuase my 25 series rears have no give.

This DOES work with AWD:

265/35 - 19 (Fronts)

345/30 - 20 (Rears)

If you look the suttle difference is the sizes for a 19/20 combo. Normally (and I currently have) the setup is 235/35 -19 and 345/25 - 20. The rear increase is over .75 of an inch (1.5 + Total) but you only 'feel' .75 of the total increase since its a circle), which gives me more cushion, and it lowers my RPM when cruising per gear (at a given MPH) and my speed per gear also goes up. I now can do 70.74 mph in 1st, 101.19 mph in 2nd, 136.87 in 3rd, 176.46 in 4th, and 201.99 in 5th, theoratically only 227.62 in 6th.

I'll let folks know how it goes. Its great to have these sizes in MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORTs :)

So your ride height will be 0.75 inches higher also?

So your ride height will be 0.75 inches higher also?

correct! and if that bothered me, I'd simple lower the car accordingly (Whiteout explains how on his 'how to' site).

BUT because I live in the city of chicago (read shitty roads and pot holes), the extra height will not bother me (id prefer it, as it avoids scrapes even more and included drive ways/alley ways). But again, others who still wanted the same right height, can use our factory adjustable shocks to lower the car back down, and put more of the Tire up in the fender well.

Great question !

Also the larger radius, gives me additional 'foot print' (contact patch). (For exageration purposes, imagine how much 'surface area' a penny has (smaller cicumference), to a 'silver dollar' the contact patch (even though lets say they are theoretically the same width) is larger on the silver dollar (because its a larger circumference.)

correct! and if that bothered me, I'd simple lower the car accordingly (Whiteout explains how on his 'how to' site).

BUT because I live in the city of chicago (read shitty roads and pot holes), the extra height will not bother me (id prefer it, as it avoids scrapes even more and included drive ways/alley ways). But again, others who still wanted the same right height, can use our factory adjustable shocks to lower the car back down, and put more of the Tire up in the fender well.

Great question !

Also the larger radius, gives me additional 'foot print' (contact patch). (For exageration purposes, imagine how much 'surface area' a penny has (smaller cicumference), to a 'silver dollar' the contact patch (even though lets say they are theoretically the same width) is larger on the silver dollar (because its a larger circumference.)

I'll get some photos and people can compare before and after, since my before photos are already in this thread.

I'll get some photos and people can compare before and after, since my before photos are already in this thread.

No go, the fronts rub :( (anything other then straight forward)

• 5 months later...

This DOES work with AWD:

265/35 - 19 (Fronts)

345/30 - 20 (Rears)

Jon, I think you're still doing RWD right? I don't think this combo of:

265/35 - 19 (Fronts)

345/30 - 20 (Rears)

will work on AWD system?

Probably covering what aready has been said by my set up is HRE rims 19 front 20 rear.

235x30x19ZR front 345x25x20ZR rear (AWD) No diff issues. In fact I just put on another set of Pirelli pzero rosso's front and rear. I manged to get new fronts and rears Fronts manufactured 2012 and rears 2009 A bit old but rubber was still in great condition. I love this combo but must admit will have to consider where to next time. 1010tires.com have a good online rolling radius calculator by the way.

Even though this is crazy thinking I am wanting to eventually go back to orginal 18s but using SV rims If any one has a spare set they dont want anymore let me know :-)

Captain, are you sure your set up is:

235x[30]x19ZR front 345x25x20ZR rear

NOT:

235x[35]x19ZR front 345x25x20ZR rear

Actually I've been doing some further study. Given the factory configuration of:

235/35/18 or 245/35/18 vs. 335/30/18

One can deduce that the following settings are OK for the AWD system:

Difference in diameter between rear & front: 1.16in (245/35/18) and 1.44in (235/35/18)

Ratio between rear & front: 104.7% & 105.9%

Now I'm now seriously contemplating the new setup as they seem to be more readily available

245/35/19 in Pirelli P zero: 25.9"

345/30/19 in Michelin SS or PS2 27.2"

Now the difference is diameter between rear & front is 1.3" or 105% so if I assume my front will wear out FASTER than rear, the 'gap' will simply increase gradually from 1.3" as time goes by and I should be reasonably safe?

Is it the right logic?

I'm also now thinking that the factory boundary is probably a bit more than 1.44in as they would need to factor in wear & tear as well?

Gents, any thought on this?