Another High Dollar Auction Sale

Peter K

If I were that seller, I would rethink that sale, which he is totally able to do since the EBay sales are non-binding. He has no clue what he just did to himself

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I were that seller, I would rethink that sale, which he is totally able to do since the EBay sales are non-binding. He has no clue what he just did to himself

I did not know that.

I do not think it is ethical not to honor a buy it now bid, however you are correct.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non-binding-bid.html

Policy overview

A non-binding bid is a bid that shows a buyer's interest in purchasing an item, but it doesn't create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller.

All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.

Incase anyone is wondering, the word is now that the seller had not researched selling prices in over a year and upon seeing the car sell so quickly decided to research. He supposedly contacted the winning bidder who felt sorry for him and let him get out the listing. (lol) The car is now for sale... for $240k..

sounds good to me

if i was the winning bidder, well( I wasn't).......

I think the winning bidder may be on fcrap threatening people for interfering in the deal.

sounds good to me

if i was the winning bidder, well( I wasn't).......

I think the winning bidder may be on fcrap threatening people for interfering in the deal.

Guys with that rule if you are bidding on your dream car, from the other side of the world in New Zealand, there is no point because even if you win the seller can still reject your bid, we have http://www.trademe.co.nz/ and if you bid on something and win it, it is a legally binding contract no matter what, to me a auction is exactly that, the highest bidder wins. So there goes my chance of ever owning a Countach.

Guys with that rule if you are bidding on your dream car, from the other side of the world in New Zealand, there is no point because even if you win the seller can still reject your bid, we have http://www.trademe.co.nz/ and if you bid on something and win it, it is a legally binding contract no matter what, to me a auction is exactly that, the highest bidder wins. So there goes my chance of ever owning a Countach.

Where you the one who won the auction?

Yeah, did you see that strange post too?

What is TRIPLE white?

White body

White interior

White wheels

Yeah, did you see that strange post too?

Now see his post on previous page. Interesting.

I wonder if he was bombarded with ebay messages?

Where you the one who won the auction?

No Allan, was not me, I can only hope that day will come soon, from everything I have read on buying a Countach over the years, it is not a good idea to buy sight unseen or you could end up with a container full of scrap being shipped to you, when I buy one it will be a trip to Europe for a RHD or the Usa and basically wait to view the right car, have you heard anything on the Countach that Hershey bought and ended up a nightmare, did someone fix it up, it looks like they may have needed deep pockets, if they could not do the work themselves, these cars are getting old now and even a good one will need some expensive TLC.

No Allan, was not me, I can only hope that day will come soon, from everything I have read on buying a Countach over the years, it is not a good idea to buy sight unseen or you could end up with a container full of scrap being shipped to you, when I buy one it will be a trip to Europe for a RHD or the Usa and basically wait to view the right car, have you heard anything on the Countach that Hershey bought and ended up a nightmare, did someone fix it up, it looks like they may have needed deep pockets, if they could not do the work themselves, these cars are getting old now and even a good one will need some expensive TLC.

waiting for the right Countach, blah blah blah......has to be the right countach blah blah blah.........

At this point, even if the Hershey Countach needed 100k worth of work... The owner would still be ok in it.

At this point, even if the Hershey Countach needed 100k worth of work... The owner would still be ok in it.

I think at this point, the countach are going to deep pocket money and no longer to this or other forum members, whether this is a bubble or not. Project cars seem to go at $250K-$350K for people who dont care shelling another $100K or $200K to put it back. that this the way it is today. it appears to be a long line of buyers with money and only a few cars.

we are now seing project cars that could not sell for $100K+ 1 to 3 years going for $300K+ in the same shape, cars that could not sell for over 5 years because botched and overprice being snapped at even higher prices now. Clearly this is excessive in the short time frame.

I guess most here are probably squeezed out from a buy if they are not willing or able to commit $400K or more on a blink, sight unseen. Others, who have one, will be squeezed out from costs increase, not willing to drive a $500K+ car on the road or simply will choose to buy a car of a value they can drive without being paranoid.

these cars are gonna disappear from the roads, potentially from car shows and become private garage queens if the trend goes on. I used to see quite a bit of 400 in person up to a few years ago. not anymore, outside of auctions.

what will really be interesting and will tell what type of buyers snapping these cars is when the markets will turn south hard. if the price dont dump, then collectors are getting today and if the price tanks and many goes back on market, them fools with too much margin money who bought on speculation.

we are living exiting musical chair times!

I think at this point, the countach are going to deep pocket money and no longer to this or other forum members, whether this is a bubble or not. Project cars seem to go at $250K-$350K for people who dont care shelling another $100K or $200K to put it back. that this the way it is today. it appears to be a long line of buyers with money and only a few cars.

we are now seing project cars that could not sell for $100K+ 1 to 3 years going for $300K+ in the same shape, cars that could not sell for over 5 years because botched and overprice being snapped at even higher prices now. Clearly this is excessive in the short time frame.

I guess most here are probably squeezed out from a buy if they are not willing or able to commit $400K or more on a blink, sight unseen. Others, who have one, will be squeezed out from costs increase, not willing to drive a $500K+ car on the road or simply will choose to buy a car of a value they can drive without being paranoid.

these cars are gonna disappear from the roads, potentially from car shows and become private garage queens if the trend goes on. I used to see quite a bit of 400 in person up to a few years ago. not anymore, outside of auctions.

what will really be interesting and will tell what type of buyers snapping these cars is when the markets will turn south hard. if the price dont dump, then collectors are getting today and if the price tanks and many goes back on market, them fools with too much margin money who bought on speculation.

we are living exiting musical chair times!

Good post. I just commented about the deep pocket buyers on the other thread.