view from my house

megachad

Wow! Question? Do you (or the houses above you), have well water or city water? If it's well water that's a HUGE part of the problem. There is no re-charge system in place to prevent the drawn down.

city water

That's huge, were there any injuries or just property damage? Glad to hear you guys are ok.

Thanks. Looks like everyone got out ok.. just property now.. rain is coming again so it could get messy.

No doubt it's not creating a ton of appreciation in the neighborhood. Hopefully you are made whole again. Stay safe.

Thanks man

Glad you guys are ok..Jackson Hole had a similar slide in April from what I remember, and of course the one that killed 42 people in Washington..most are human caused by development, timber harvest or grazing.....

agreed.

That is one gargantuan slide! Glad to hear you are ok. Please stay safe.

thank you.. it is still moving too.. hope no others are affected by it.

city water

Then the developer has the slope too steep. He needs to either drive sheeting or put retaining walls in. Hydroseed and mesh isn't going to do squat

It's got class action construction defect case written all over it. Loss in value claim for the neighborhood plus the safety issue.

Then the developer has the slope too steep. He needs to either drive sheeting or put retaining walls in. Hydroseed and mesh isn't going to do squat

Yeah, they excavated out and had to do a 40 foot tall retaining wall at the clubhouse.. Which is about 30 feet higher than city code of 10 feet.. so that is why it buckled imo..

It's got class action construction defect case written all over it. Loss in value claim for the neighborhood plus the safety issue.

i agree..

Yeah, they excavated out and had to do a 40 foot tall retaining wall at the clubhouse.. Which is about 30 feet higher than city code of 10 feet.. so that is why it buckled imo..

i agree..

In my former life when I used to run litigation support companies we worked this exact type of case in Orange County, CA. A developer decided to grade a hillside steeper than the engineers/geologists recommended so they could add an additional row of homes to the development. Somehow they got it approved and several years later during heavy rains those homes ended up in a large apartment complex at the bottom of the graded hillside. Massive lawsuit.