Countach Model

lambolexus

So, after a year, it made it to the UK.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69279

I believe another 8 pieces are yet to be released in Japan for completion. Kind of silly IMO, longer than the wait of ordering a brand new real Huracan. And demand for this, as predicted, has not been very high at all.

Yeah, I don't really understand. What's the point? Delayed gratification? Maybe their assessment of demand is influenced by Japan's unique love affair with the Countach such that Japanese customers will put up with anything for the mighty CT whereas other cultures might not.

^It has to do with much more than the Japan's love of the CT. Perhaps I am getting too philosophic but we need to understand the Japanese society as a whole. First, cost: the model isn't exactly cheap. For the regular Joe who is also a Lambo and/or car model enthusiast, it's a rather hefty sum to pay for the entire car all at once. Doing it this way is like paying installments. Second, space: again, the regular Joe likely lives in a 250 sq.ft apartment complex. The magazine/box that comes with the car will take up plenty of space; so he likely needs to reshuffle, reposition or to get rid of a few things to accommodate this. This gives proper "timing" for the consumer to do so. Third, short attention span: in modern Japan, everyone everywhere is bombarded by every conceivable consumer product (the even have "new" beer every season). Consequently, the consumer have very short attention span for any particular product. To sell a complete car will be a come and gone thing. To stretch this out, it maintains the interests and based on the initial first piece of the model sold, the vendor will have a very good estimate on how many subsequent pieces should be made thus streamlining costs as compared to have made xxxx complete model and not selling all of them. Fourth, consumerism culture: Japanese have long gotten used to and accepted the ideas of collecting certain "sets" of products over a certain period of time. That's how they market their media software starting from the Laser Disc era to the DVD's and now the Blu Ray Discs. Despite having the rights on the entire run of a tv show, they market the discs one by one (each containing 2 to 4 episodes) on a month to month basis. Even children's toys aimed for 5-year-old are like that. It's almost like McDonald's Happy Meal's toys -- one at a time over a certain period, but this will take much longer to "collect them all". And marketing models this way isn't new at all: they had been doing this for years, IIRC, it was a battleship model that launched the "being sold piece by piece month to month" concept way back in the 90's. Japanese will no doubt buy into the idea (literally); UK, perhaps not so sure at all.

I have been trying to purchase every piece at once to no avail..

By mid-2015, someone in Japan will sell every piece (i.e. the entire unassembled car) in a set but most likely at a premium. Some people over there had made a business out of this for years: patiently collecting the entire set of whatever and upon completion, add a good premium and sell it off.

By mid-2015, someone in Japan will sell every piece (i.e. the entire unassembled car) in a set but most likely at a premium. Some people over there had made a business out of this for years: patiently collecting the entire set of whatever and upon completion, add a good premium and sell it off.

We shall see!

Allan, I have one to five, I bought them in Japan last year, I have no use for them, as I couldnt continue, any interest?

Allan, I have one to five, I bought them in Japan last year, I have no use for them, as I couldnt continue, any interest?

What do you want for them?