Murci roadster tips?

Auraraptor

I have seen two diablos with roadster tips now....are they a straight swap on diablos? (6.0s in particular?)

Where is the best place to source a set?

Thank you.

Try the used Lambo parts site or eBay. I believe they are. Pretty sure topcarbon put them on his early Diablo so I would assume a 6.0 would be compatible also.

I could be wrong but I don't think they are a direct swap. The Diablo exhaust doughnut is 57x68mm while the the Murcielago doughnut is 62x73mm. I put roadster tips on my car as part of the exhaust upgrade and I had to get new clamps & doughnuts.

There was a Euro pair on ebay last month. The seller was asking a lot and the tips were tarnished.

• 1 month later...
I could be wrong but I don't think they are a direct swap.

I have a set in stock that I would sell, I out them on BOTH of My 2001 6.0SE cars, looks great and added to the deep sound..love it.

What is required to install this tip on a '98 Diablo?

Would you mind posting a pic of the rear of your 6.0SE?

I installed the Murci Roadster exhust section on my Diablo.

To make a perfect fit I did bring the muffler end pipes about 1cm closer to each other to align better with my exhaust system.

I have an sports exhaust, and it might very well be that the pipes are just abit closer than the stock box, making this modification nesssesary for a perfect fit in my case only.

Stock Diablo tipes are indepandenat on muffler outlet spacing

I also removed about a 1 - 1.5cm section right before the gasket lip, to bring the entire exhaust closer to the bumper.

Shaved 3mm or so from the seal lip on the murci pipes, to make Diablo clamps fit.

Stock donut gasket fits fine.

Diablo_bagfra.jpg

They are not a direct fit to a Diablo muffler. I have a custom muffler designed for Murci Roadster tips. Also keep in mind that they are heavier than standard early Murci tips and they are only held on by the two donut clamps. So I wouldn't recommend trimming the flange to make them fit the smaller Diablo flanges. They are larger than stock 6.0 tips so fitment on the 6.0 bumper has to be precise. Not as big of a deal on a earlier Diablo bumper.

But once on, they do look fantastic!

10258034_10153246417097501_2080915921235986938_o.jpg