Can a independent shop change a clucth on a Gallardo?

GQ IMAGE

If that's your necessary condition for class, shame on essentially on the entire internet, this forum included. :lol2:

Touché... But that was a low blow. I'm over it;) George Evans will always get my Diablo biz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touché... But that was a low blow. I'm over it;) George Evans will always get my Diablo biz

If it isn't/wasn't true, I'm sorry like I said. If it was/is, hopefully it will never be the case again!

Back to the topic of clutches...

I'm a newbee so I know you veterans and experts will probably scold me for asking such an elementary question, but oh well...

At what "percentage" does a clutch need changed? Like, if a seller says their clutch is 38% worn (62% life left), when will it need changed... At what percentage?

I'm a newbee so I know you veterans and experts will probably scold me for asking such an elementary question, but oh well...

At what "percentage" does a clutch need changed? Like, if a seller says their clutch is 38% worn (62% life left), when will it need changed... At what percentage?

That's really a difficult question to answer because it depends on SO many variables. How is the car going to be driven? In what shift mode? Is it AWD or RWD? In Corsa and RWD it will last much longer than regular mode and AWD. Same goes for highway versus start and stop. Could be 3,000 miles. Could be 15,000 miles.

We've changed the first clutch after 12,000 and 3,000. Just depends on the aforementioned.

Wow.. so if I intend to drive close to 10,000 miles per year on an 04-06 Gallardo coupe AWD manual... I could be doing the clutch every year?!

You mentioned the one thing I forgot, manual versus E-gear! Manual boxes will last much longer (provided you know how to drive it) than e-gear ones because there is much less slippage by your left foot.

I'd expect every two years if I was guessing but there are just so many variables. Next time you change it, go aftermarket for the same cost and you won't have to change again.

Wow.. so if I intend to drive close to 10,000 miles per year on an 04-06 Gallardo coupe AWD manual... I could be doing the clutch every year?!

No, I have 30,000 miles on an 06, 6spd with the original clutch and it still has plenty of life left. If you don't abuse them they are bulletproof. All depends on how you drive the car.

No, I have 30,000 miles on an 06, 6spd with the original clutch and it still has plenty of life left. If you don't abuse them they are bulletproof. All depends on how you drive the car.

^^^^^ THIS. All in how you drive it.

Yeah that's what I've been wondering as I've spent the past couple of months studying this forum (and lambo-talk).... I've noticed you guys say that, and it makes me wonder why the hell someone buys a $100k++ car who doesn't know how to drive a stick??!!

For the past 17 years all I've driven were manual vehicles, and I've never had to replace a clutch, on any of my vehicles. Honda, Acura, Nissan, Ford.

As I sit and think hard about "what is improper clutch use", I really can't even think of what that means. Unless people are just burning out the clutch like morons???

• 6 months later...
First time ive heard anyone complain about Evans to be honest. Most feedback ive heard has been nothing but positive.

oh, I know for a fact this is NOT the first....or second time you have heard someone complain about Evans......