tracking/geometry and tyres 670SV

ajc

Hi I thought it best to start a new topic and please excuse me as this might have been covered before?

This is a quote from a recent post "Prefer to focus on making sure you have the best tyres, and get a geometry setup change to eradicate the bit of understeer it has setup from the factory."

I would appreciate any recommendations as my car is in to have the tracking set up at the main dealers and they will be using factory recommended settings.

Thanks in advance for information and help.

Before you go down that road, did you try the new tires with your factory default settings?

Often times deviating from the factory spec worsens tire wear and / or makes the car very hairy to drive in the chance rain let alone inclement weather or 'bad luck' situations.

It was my official dealer who suggested a fresh Geo as he saw the uneven wear on my tyres. I then asked him to dial out the understeer as much as he could.

No idea on what exact settings he used. It worked a treat! Lovely exact turn-in.

Thanks, ref tyres I guess every one is using the standard factory Pirelli set up?

Hi I thought it best to start a new topic and please excuse me as this might have been covered before?

This is a quote from a recent post "Prefer to focus on making sure you have the best tyres, and get a geometry setup change to eradicate the bit of understeer it has setup from the factory."

I would appreciate any recommendations as my car is in to have the tracking set up at the main dealers and they will be using factory recommended settings.

Thanks in advance for information and help.

Congrats! Which SV did you end up buying? Care to post some pics, mileage?

Thanks, ref tyres I guess every one is using the standard factory Pirelli set up?

I am using the optional sport tyres.

Additionally I drive with slightly lower tyre pressures (cold vs cold suggested), especially at the front, to again help with front end grip, eradicate understeer, and gets the back slightly happier to play.

• 5 months later...

Hi every one, thought I would resurrect this especially ref the tyres Is every one using standard Pirelli and no one has tried somthing else like the Michellin super sports? (which I prefer on my other cars)

I expected more feedback and experience, guess every one is being very reserved and safe.

Thanks

You can only run the Pirelli and BFG tires with the factory AWD system. If you switch the RWD, then you can run PSS (or anything else).

ok thanks for this and I am guessing Corsa are the best.

I see some tyres saying left and right side and others asymmetrical is this the same (direction of rotation)