Countach bonnet badge question

kidzvillage

Hello all,

If anybody knows how to unscrew the bonnet badge on a CT, would you share the information? mine is completely covered from the inner part, I plan to paint the bonnet but I don't want to break the badge, thank you!

post-9089-1422206605.jpg

Hello all,

If anybody knows how to unscrew the bonnet badge on a CT, would you share the information? mine is completely covered from the inner part, I plan to paint the bonnet but I don't want to break the badge, thank you!

This is how it looks inside and outside,

post-9089-1422299106_thumb.jpg

post-9089-1422299118_thumb.jpg

Mine just has three small nuts on the inside of the bonnet.

I was told that the replacement emblems were adhesive however yours look to be original.

Maybe somebody cut the studs off and glued yours in place.

Mine just has three small nuts on the inside of the bonnet.

I was told that the replacement emblems were adhesive however yours look to be original.

Maybe somebody cut the studs off and glued yours in place.

Thank you! I'll keep it like that, don't want to break it!

I have a badge like that in my 1/18 scale car display case ... it does have three small diameter screws at the back with small nuts ... screws are rather long I remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to taking a photo of the underside of my front bonnet.

Sorry it did not come out as crisp as I would have liked.

I am a bit puzzled on the photo you have posted as I cannot understand what is going on there.

It is as if the bonnet itself is staggered which I know is not the case.

Do you know if your car had a front wing on it at one time?

IMG_0694.JPG

weird... I think mine looks like kidz. Maybe it has to do with which type of the 18 different hood materials they used?

weird... I think mine looks like kidz. Maybe it has to do with which type of the 18 different hood materials they used?

Yes I expect yours would look a bit different as it is Kevlar, however Kids is an early eighties model car and should be aluminum.

I need to take some better photos and post them.

Yes I expect yours would look a bit different as it is Kevlar, however Kids is an early eighties model car and should be aluminum.

I need to take some better photos and post them.

hmmm... You would think that even if they replaced a screw emblem with a stickie, the holes would still be there? Maybe somebody replaced his hood with a kevlar? because that inside looks like mine... (But now that I look at it, other than the screws, yours looks a lot like mine... Wish my car was here... Id run outside at take pictures)

hmmm... You would think that even if they replaced a screw emblem with a stickie, the holes would still be there? Maybe somebody replaced his hood with a kevlar? because that inside looks like mine... (But now that I look at it, other than the screws, yours looks a lot like mine... Wish my car was here... Id run outside at take pictures)

maybe when they modified the original bumper in my car and cut the hood to match the bumper shape they actually replaced the bumper for a new one? it feels like it is made of layers and the outside aluminum seems folded on the edges to cover something like a core, no way there are screws under that, nor holes to indicate there used to be screws, mmmh kind of a mistery

post-9089-1423946842_thumb.jpg

maybe when they modified the original bumper in my car and cut the hood to match the bumper shape they actually replaced the bumper for a new one? it feels like it is made of layers and the outside aluminum seems folded on the edges to cover something like a core, no way there are screws under that, nor holes to indicate there used to be screws, mmmh kind of a mistery

Now after seeing a photo of the front of your car I understand what is going on with the detentes.

They actually cut into the front bonnet to make it fit the front bumper.

Proving once again these cars are certainly unique on a individual basis.

Now after seeing a photo of the front of your car I understand what is going on with the detentes.

They actually cut into the front bonnet to make it fit the front bumper.

Proving once again these cars are certainly unique on a individual basis.

I think mine has some similar features to the silver first FI prototype that was converted to Carbs, the plenum looked very similar, no Lamborghini logo on it, and the bumpers also looked similar, I will get back the hood converted back to Euro specs this month, and I'll post pictures if anybody is interested in seeing this modification :)

post-9089-1424020009_thumb.jpg

post-9089-1424020052_thumb.jpg

i'd like to see the pics, Luis

nice car BTW :)

Thank you! I hope you feel better, I am planning to see you soon, (I hope)