best business backpack that will carry a 17" laptop?

Andrew R.

Doing a lot of traveling for work this year to different places carrying a Dell Precision work station laptop... tried a couple business backpacks, not happy with them.

Any recommendations? Tumi used to be THE brand... but their quality seems to be less these days.

I bought a similar bag (same brand - different model) several years ago.

http://www.ebags.com/product/swissgear-tra...CFXMF7AodAnoArQ

I was traveling a ton for work with laptop and when I learned about TSA checkpoint friendly bags I found this one on-line. I ordered two different backpacks from ebags not knowing which I'd prefer, and returned one.

This bag has been great. Just unzip laptop compartment and open it (butterfly style) for TSA - then zip closed. TSA used to be fairly strict about not allowing anything other than the laptop in the computer compartment - but after going through TSA it's handy for paperwork or books/magazine/whatever that you want handy while on the plane. But for going through the checkpoint only the laptop can be in that specific compartment.

I liked that the main compartment is divided - but depending on your needs that might be a negative. I found ebags very user friendly - free shipping, generous return policy, easy to do business with. It also had other pockets including a water bottle pocket, and one for an umbrella which could be used for other things.

I don't travel that much anymore but still use the backpack which has held up well.

There are a couple different models, and if you search for TSA checkpoint backpacks you'll find lots of options. It is nice not having to take out the computer and put it in a separate bin.

Good luck

I daily a REI, Also have had two custom made bags from Trashmessenger bags, Custom bags are the way to go if you want the spend the $$ and want to wait the time it takes(8+weeks). I just saw the new Razer Tactical bag, Doesn't look bad(isn).