Oh god why?

abolfaz

Benny...your car...your prerogative. Life is too short to worry about what other people think. Glad you're enjoying YOUR car and not having to worry about costly repairs. Welcome to LP.

^^

Whens the TT gonna happen?

Trying to purchase some property so have to wait on those a bit. Still quicker then my V12 diablo though so it'll get me by for a minute.

I will be changing the air intake, the pics on line got out before I could finish the last details although my tuner guy said the engine bay is at perfect operating temp for the engine...the scoops serve their purpose.

Duct the intake to the factory inlets, which draw fresh air in. Even though the engine bay is massive in the Diablo, it will heat soak that engine bay and having the intake directly above the trans and between the exhaust will be drawing in some hot air. I had to deal with this issue on my 996 LS1, which had a tiny engine compartment.

But yeah, turbos and burnouts. :eusa_dance:

Just look at as a modern Bizzarrini 6200GT Strada. No harm in this case. Italian Coach work and Yankee Drivetrain. Nothing new there. De Tomaso, Bizzarrini, etc.

Why hasn't anyone asked about a 5.3L/Chinese Turbo swap?

:icon_mrgreen:

For those that don't agree with what I did to my car I am truely sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone one here but only wanted respond to clear up any misconceptions about why I did what I did. I guess it would have been nice to join this forum before building the car to get advise about how to put it all together perhaps I could have made the intake breath better and hide the corvette covers. The truth is, I felt like having the fuel rails covered because I don't like to see the rails, wiring harness, plug wires, and coil packs exposed it's not as clean in my opinion. I made inserts to cover the word "corvette," on occasion only for the purpose of haters out there that think it's a kit car therfore conflicting damage to the car. Otherwise, if I hide it that would mean I'm ashamed of what I did which would be a lie. I never had the original air boxes to receive cold air for the intake but I can assure you that drivability isn't a problem thanks to the sv style engine bonnet. I do in fact hate the square air cleaner and WILL be changing it to a cone style like the factory five GTM cars have, not sure why the place I purchase the motor from gave me this one but used it temporarely My motive was simplicity without hacking the frame. I appreciate all car enthusiast no matter what they do to their cars and fully appreciate those on board. I still have a gentleman whom is a lambo enthusiast that is very interested in purchasing my car to drive and enjoy...he understands, that means something to me. I do have around 75-80k without my labor in this whole project therfor I hope it's not totally worthless but the smiles it puts on peoples faces is always worth something to me as I once dreamed of having one. Thanks again to most and their positive post.

Hi Benny,

I STILL say, you did a fantastic job and rescued the car from certain death. Yes I have owned 7 Lambos and yes I like your car. I appreciate the time and fabrication involved in your car.

I would put it in my garage and drive it proudly, it is still a Lambo..... with a heart transplant...not a kit car.

Keep me 1st on the list when you sell it!

Hi Benny,

I STILL say, you did a fantastic job and rescued the car from certain death. Yes I have owned 7 Lambos and yes I like your car. I appreciate the time and fabrication involved in your car.

I would put it in my garage and drive it proudly, it is still a Lambo with a heart transplant...not a kit car.

Keep me 1st on the list when you sell it!

Thanks good buddy, I always keep my word you'll be first.

I purchased this car from someone after owning an all original diablo vt. After owning the vt for a while I didn't enjoy it has much I suppose due to many worries like it depreciating as mileage added up, parts becoming obsolete etc. Just seemed like I was waising money if not using it so, I did the swap myself to save me money and to learn how how to work on my own car including any major complications or failurs out on the road. I simply wanted to enjoy the car more especially on a long road trips. When I purchased the car it had no drivetrain due to a engine fire. And yes, it would have cost me over 100k in used parts to bring it back to life. Instead I have between 30-40k in new parts giving me more hp (550), better mpg (23), overall better drivability. The car weighs 3200 Ibs making it a few hundred pounds lighter. I just returned from a 1600 mile trip through some colorado mountains with no issues and a joy to drive. I didn't do this to offend other lambo owners or be a poser. I'm just a guy that wanted to fulfill a childhood dream. I will be changing the air intake, the pics on line got out before I could finish the last details although my tuner guy said the engine bay is at perfect operating temp for the engine...the scoops serve their purpose. I notice on a few sites people begin to bash before getting/understanding the facts then afterwards think about it and retract their comments. Please ask any questions it's all explainable. Google "devil has a change of heart," for on line article. Have a blessed day.

That makes a lot more sense now understanding the whole story. Do a billet LSX with twins and throw about 2000hp to the ground :)

Hey Benny, how has this swap changed how you access components for maintenance? Did some areas end up tough to get into while others became easier? Is your clutch still an engine-out proposition or can you access that better now?

Hey Benny, how has this swap changed how you access components for maintenance? Did some areas end up tough to get into while others became easier? Is your clutch still an engine-out proposition or can you access that better now?

It kinda depends, I have a lift so accessing everything with the car up is so easy, the starter can be pulled in about 3 min the trans can just be pulled back for a clutch swap. I made it so the fin has 2 pins and the entire back hood can be lifted off very easy for more access. On the lift you can put place your head in the empty tunnel and all the accessories/drive belt are open with no obstruction.