Who knows this car? Help please

Atxmarc

Get a PPI!!! Price seems high. Aftermarket wheels may be fine, depends on the tire specs. Can convert to RWD after and run whatever.

As the previous member said, PPI!!!! Very important in buying the car. It would save you tons of frustration, time and money. With the last couple of three pedal 6.2 Murcies selling for higher numbers then a few months ago, I don't think that price is bad at all. I am not a huge silver guy on anything, but on the 6.2 and the 640 it just shows the lines very well. Best of luck in your purchase (hopefully the car works out!) and let us know what happens!

image.jpg

As the previous member said, PPI!!!! Very important in buying the car. It would save you tons of frustration, time and money. With the last couple of three pedal 6.2 Murcies selling for higher numbers then a few months ago, I don't think that price is bad at all. I am not a huge silver guy on anything, but on the 6.2 and the 640 it just shows the lines very well. Best of luck in your purchase (hopefully the car works out!) and let us know what happens!

Deal creeping forward pending ppi....not a huge titanium fan either...maybe a understated wrap....

That's not titanium, it's silver. $150k seems steep for 23k miles on an '03.

There is no way to judge how much life is left on a manual car, they are just making that number up.

Looks like a nice car though.

That's not titanium, it's silver. $150k seems steep for 23k miles on an '03.

There is no way to judge how much life is left on a manual car, they are just making that number up.

Looks like a nice car though.

Agree completely. Passenger dash has a weird dent? I hate tinted taillights. Price is high I'd offer 130. Make sure ppi looks at throttle bodies, front diff, front shocks, lifting system, sticky interior buttons.

Hi there,

I have an offer in on this 3 pedal murci. Any thoughts or impressions? Asking around 150. Should i be worried about aftermarket wheels? anything else...clutch apparently 70%

Thanks!

marc

I've been watching both base model and LP640 prices for quite some time. There is considerable softening going on for this model, and cars are NOT selling for what owners think they are worth. For those enthusiasts who have the money, and want a performance car, there are too many choices available, and many buyers opt for newer vehicles.

This particular car you're interested in is way overpriced for a 2003 with this kind of mileage. I've seen base models with 20k fewer miles going for this price. I don't know the details about the aftermarket wheels with this car, but I have heard of issues on LP640s and additional wear on the differential with oversized wheels.

The way the market is heading, I wouldn't go over 110k, unless you have the money burning a hole in your pocket. The owner is almost guaranteed not to go for it, but he's still in dreamland -- either that or there's a broker involved here who's trying to jack up his cut. I just watched an auction for a beautiful 2007 LP640 with 2k miles fail...highest bid was 150k.

I would follow the same rule when shopping for a Lambo that I'd follow for buying a house -- never fall in love with a car before it's in your driveway. Stay objective and smart...

]The way the market is heading, I wouldn't go over 110k.

You're shopping the bottom of the barrel Murci's at that price point. The clean $100k Murci ended in 2010.

You're shopping the bottom of the barrel Murci's at that price point. The clean $100k Murci ended in 2010.

You're right -- but based upon the lack of good info on this one, questionable minor damage (?), mileage on the higher side, possible poor choice with oversized wheels (?), and an older model...I'd counsel on the low side.

If you've got the extra dollars, save the trigger for one that truly justifies the premium. Don't blow it on an older car with some miles on it. A car in this stage of the game can easily bankrupt a new owner thinking they've guaranteed a trouble-free driver. There are known issues with base models that make a wise purchase more difficult than with an LP640.

In December, I saw a base model with 50k miles sell for ~$80k.

I think base models and LP640s will stabilize at some point, but I don't think we're there yet. I definitely don't anticipate rampant appreciation like with Diablos and the Countach, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more downside.

Just my two cents...

The prices have been steadily going up since 2010. There are always a few cheap cars that pop up for financial reasons, POS or branded title. An $80k car has some serious issues, was it the 40th Anniversary car?

What known issues do the pre-LP cars have that make the purchase more difficult than the LP? Leaky front shocks and shitty coil packs aren't a big deal.

I'm sorry, but BCFromFL I think you are way off base in terms of pricing on these cars. I agree that $150k is a bit steep on this particular example, but $110k even for a car with an accident history low based on current market conditions. Anyway, just my 2c

The prices have been steadily going up since 2010. There are always a few cheap cars that pop up for financial reasons, POS or branded title. An $80k car has some serious issues, was it the 40th Anniversary car?

What known issues do the pre-LP cars have that make the purchase more difficult than the LP? Leaky front shocks and shitty coil packs aren't a big deal.

They are minor issues...among them is the curb-lift motor. The LP640 is just a better-built car, and newer. Buying a 2003 (or any base model, for that matter) has risks just in normal component wear by virtue of being an older vehicle. In order to justify $150k for a 2003, I'd want to see less than 5k miles. I know...probably not likely -- but I have seen a few. As we all know, even minor repairs on these cars can be substantial, especially if you have to order factory parts, or try to maintain a solid maintenance book by utilizing authorized mechanics.

The car I mentioned was sold before I began taking more detailed records. I think it was a 2005 base model that had been used as a daily driver. In the past nine months, out of all the Murcis available for sale, I've seen precious few change hands, and no takers at current price offerings. Certainly not the interest that other Lambos generate. Maybe the insane Diablo sales are temporarily pulling the Murcis higher?

I'm sorry, but BCFromFL I think you are way off base in terms of pricing on these cars. I agree that $150k is a bit steep on this particular example, but $110k even for a car with an accident history low based on current market conditions. Anyway, just my 2c

Believe me, I have all the love for Murcis! I'm just going by what I'm seeing in sales, and what a smart offer should be in this case. Yes, this kind of purchase is a "luxury" purchase by a Lambo-lover (and therefore perhaps is a little impulsive), but there is no reason to allow the seller to get away with a high asking price.

There was recently a three-pedal 2007 LP640 for sale with 8,500 miles, granted a retitled, repaired salvage, but probably not a bad car given the limited damage -- that went for less than $150k. Took the seller I think eight months to sell it, dropping the price in $5k increments every couple months. Good deals are out there. If someone was looking for a driver, and not concerned with resale value, this particular car probably fit the bill.

Negotiation, negotiation, negotiation...

Believe me, I have all the love for Murcis! I'm just going by what I'm seeing in sales, and what a smart offer should be in this case. Yes, this kind of purchase is a "luxury" purchase by a Lambo-lover (and therefore perhaps is a little impulsive), but there is no reason to allow the seller to get away with a high asking price.

There was recently a three-pedal 2007 LP640 for sale with 8,500 miles, granted a retitled, repaired salvage, but probably not a bad car given the limited damage -- that went for less than $150k. Took the seller I think eight months to sell it, dropping the price in $5k increments every couple months. Good deals are out there. If someone was looking for a driver, and not concerned with resale value, this particular car probably fit the bill.

Negotiation, negotiation, negotiation...

I think you're missing one major part of the equation which is that pre-LP model Murcies, specifically 02-03 only came in 6-speed manual. I won't speak to a retitled LP640, but non-issue MANUAL LP640s sell north of $285k, which has brought up the value of the early model 3-pedal cars.

I think you're missing one major part of the equation which is that pre-LP model Murcies, specifically 02-03 only came in 6-speed manual. I won't speak to a retitled LP640, but non-issue MANUAL LP640s sell north of $285k, which has brought up the value of the early model 3-pedal cars.

Yep! I agree that the E-gear cars aren't going to appreciate as much as the manual cars and that the E-gear 640s (depending on options, especially color MB isn't going down, same as VI) will continue to depreciate. The 02 and 03 cars are appreciating due to their tranny. The guys who can no longer buy Diablos for their pure driving experience are only left with the early Murcielagos. If you can't afford a $230,000.00 Diablo you can't buy a Countach or an LP640 gated. That leaves you with the early 6.2 cars. There are enough guys out there who have $200,000.00 to spend on the cars who want a manual Lamborghini that has the doors and V12. As the manual 6.2s get bought up their prices will go up following the basic principles of supply and demand. Then you have to factor in colors and options. Majority of the early 6.2s I have seen that are stick are either some form of silver or grey and yellow. The 6.2s in blues, reds, VI, will be worth more than the other 6.2s based on their rarity. I am not saying we will see the crazy price explosions there Countach and Diablo have seen, but the early Murcies are appreciating. Not to continue to "rant", but the production numbers of the Murcielago also suggest strong collectability. There were around 3,000 Coupes built and 899 roadsters over the decade long production run. It is a little more than the total number of Diablos built. Then you have to subtract the ones that have been crashed, rebuilt, salvaged, painted, etc. Now you look at the number of three pedal cars out of that production run and you are really getting to some small numbers. Like another member said, $110,000.00 isn't even getting you a nice salvaged car. I can't remember if Roy said it here or on LamboTalk, but he said you CAN'T get a good early Murcie for under $140,000.00. Anyway, this post is longer than I intended it to be, so I will shut up. If any of my facts are wrong please let me know too!

This past year, I have seen a handful of manual LP640s, with less than 10k miles, one or two-owner and otherwise "mint," offered in the $195-220k range. I haven't seen any offered for more than that.

This past year, I have seen a handful of manual LP640s, with less than 10k miles, one or two-owner and otherwise "mint," offered in the $195-220k range. I haven't seen any offered for more than that.

I know of one low mileage example that just sold for $295k.

I know of one low mileage example that just sold for $295k.

Wow -- that definitely is much higher than the trend I see in the various places I watch... Unusual color, maybe?

BTW -- I find that AutoBlog has about the most complete listing of Murcis for sale you'll find in one place, and gives you a pretty good indication of where prices are currently sitting.

BTW -- I find that AutoBlog has about the most complete listing of Murcis for sale you'll find in one place, and gives you a pretty good indication of where prices are currently sitting.

I don't normally meander my way to AutoBlog, I will have to do that. Thanks for the reference :icon_thumleft:

I don't normally meander my way to AutoBlog, I will have to do that. Thanks for the reference :icon_thumleft:

Just my personal preference, but I find it helpful to do a sort on the cars from low price to high. It's really very informative to keep an eye on how cars are being priced, mileage, what's realistic and what's out of the ballpark, etc...

Most of the most recent manual sales are done off market. Don't expect to get a manual for south of $275k, unless you want the crashed orange car or the burned black car.

Sale at $300k:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/other-car...eed-manual.html