RSC Tuning TCU tune? Who has done it or knows about it ?

alpha6164

When in sport mode the fastest shifts are when the throttle pedal is pushed to the floor, it must be a software thing so if you could program this fast change to occur at any throttle position or in normal mode it would seem that you have made the gear changes faster?

yes its probably reading a scale of 0-5V for he throttle position; and only using the fastest shift when 1. sport mode is on and 2. throtle is at 5V; so you could probably have that value changed to some lower number (under 5V). The question is, when you're not accelerating at maximum..... why do you want the "BANG" shift that feels its going to blow the car apart when you're at say, 50% throttle? Unless you're trying for max track/lap times, I don't get why you'd want such a violent shift on the street....

yes its probably reading a scale of 0-5V for he throttle position; and only using the fastest shift when 1. sport mode is on and 2. throtle is at 5V; so you could probably have that value changed to some lower number (under 5V). The question is, when you're not accelerating at maximum..... why do you want the "BANG" shift that feels its going to blow the car apart when you're at say, 50% throttle? Unless you're trying for max track/lap times, I don't get why you'd want such a violent shift on the street....

I agree you don't need that fast bang gear change on the street, I was just following up on your comment about needing faster valves and higher hydraulic pressure, Lambo probably programed it the way it is to save mechanical stress on the car and also to save law suits from passengers with whip lash.

I have messed around in the past with being in say 3rd gear at low revs and flooring the throttle and changing gear, it changes fast so it must be reading the throttle pedal position as you say.

the TCU is only behind the drivers seat (RHD cars) or the passenger seat (LHD cars). ie. same location regardless of car. Its completely separated from the 2x ECU's and GFU etc.

Considering a lambo delear can change the PIS (i.e. the slip point) cheap and easy, you're paying for allegedly faster shifts? I fail to see how the software will shift faster than it does in sport mode already- after all to its still a mechanical shift mechanism- and this isn't being changed- i'd imagine to have a significantly faster shift may require more hydraulic pressure or faster acting valve blocks. This is more an issue of hydraulics over software...

Also how fast can the clutch disengage/engage? This is down to the throw out bearing- the gallardo/R8 bearing provides a faster mechanism than the old murcielago one- be aware that the faster shifting LP670 has the gallardo bearing. How do I know this? I just installed the gallardo bearing and LP670 bell housing (lambo calls it a clutch cover) that is required when using the upgraded t/o bearing on the murci e-gear box...

The Ferrari F360 runs exactly the same pump and lines (well they look the same diameter, not measured them); it may be worth checking what shift times they are getting with them...

The shift,times between a 04 murcielago and a 2010 murcielago are completely different shifting programs. They got faster and smoother every year and the TCU maps changed.

The throw out bearing is the least of my concerns as that not really the limit I don't believe. The 99 Ferrari 360 needs 0 again 0 changes besides a different TCU to shift much faster because of the TCU changes from a 2004 Ferrari stradale.

I'm still looking into how to get the TCU out easily. It's a pain from what I can see.

The shift,times between a 04 murcielago and a 2010 murcielago are completely different shifting programs. They got faster and smoother every year and the TCU maps changed.

The throw out bearing is the least of my concerns as that not really the limit I don't believe. The 99 Ferrari 360 needs 0 again 0 changes besides a different TCU to shift much faster because of the TCU changes from a 2004 Ferrari stradale.

I'm still looking into how to get the TCU out easily. It's a pain from what I can see.

to get the TCU out in a USA car- move the pax seat forward and wind it upright; remove 3 screws that holds the cover (which houses the CD changer) to the bulkhead, then lift that out of the way (and disconnect the connections to the CD changer).

You can then see the TCU; unscrew it from its bracket, and disconnect the harness. 10-15min total.

Alan key and a screwdriver is all you need (from memory).

After speaking with multiple tuners, including RSC, the TCU tune makes normal driving night and day better along with better shifting at WOT. Telling the mechanical and hydraulic parts what to do is the key.

to get the TCU out in a USA car- move the pax seat forward and wind it upright; remove 3 screws that holds the cover (which houses the CD changer) to the bulkhead, then lift that out of the way (and disconnect the connections to the CD changer).

You can then see the TCU; unscrew it from its bracket, and disconnect the harness. 10-15min total.

Alan key and a screwdriver is all you need (from memory).

THanks for the info. Maybe I'm recalling the hassle when I was removing the ECU's behind the drivers side seat, that thing was hard to figure out.

THanks for the info. Maybe I'm recalling the hassle when I was removing the ECU's behind the drivers side seat, that thing was hard to figure out.

Any tips? I plan on pulling all three ECUs any day for a tune!

here is a picture with the CD changer panel behind the seat removed, showing how accessible the TCU isL

IMG_2362.jpg