Just bought 83 Countach

4xchamp

The cycling of your headlights is caused from either the relays (which are on a pigtail right next to the headlight motors)

or the diodes which are located on the headlight motor down by the gear mechanism.

Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy it in good health. Sincerely Vic

Thank you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.i have one i could sell. Euro bumper

I'm interested, please msg description and price. Thanks.

With 32,000 km on the clock this Count is no trailer queen.

Need to replace a couple of rod ends, chase an oil leak, fix lights, repair refrigerant leak and the list of minor woes goes on but overall it's a great running/functioning car. Driving it all weekend (again)

I'm a car collector I guess. Have a bunch of old cars stashed, some I drive, some have been mothballed for years. My intention is to use the Countach regularly and enjoy it.

I could pull the engine, the suspensions and start detailing everything but I'm thinking that's something the next owner can do.

I'm gonna drive it.

• 2 months later...

The work commences!

I'm a very fussy car guy, been doing it all my life. Based on many of the Countaches I've seen out there this car is a gem. My standards are so high I considered this car edgy but cars guys are asking big money for are really no nicer or at least not much nicer than this one and I know this is a reliable runner.

I'm doing the upper dash correctly. New hoses, oil lines , brake hoses etc. I want to be able to commute regularly in this unit.

In the 80's I drove my Countach like it was a Chevy. Boston, Newport, Manhattan no problem!

I'm not looking to sell. I want to enjoy it regularly and avoid flatbeds!

Definitely going with Euro bumpers and of course a new Alpine!

post-20654-1454790433_thumb.jpg

post-20654-1454790464.jpg

post-20654-1454790477.jpg

post-20654-1454790507_thumb.jpg

post-20654-1454790898_thumb.jpg

The paint is excellent for driver quality, it's staying. I drive my cars. I am going to plasti spray it black again, looked really mean in stealth.

My main purpose is to have a reliable vehicle I can use whenever the urge strikes.

What are the chances of removing trim to seal windshield without bending them or breaking the glass?

Has anyone tried this or had it done?

What are the chances of removing trim to seal windshield without bending them or breaking the glass?

Don't know if this helps, I had that done on a Lotus Esprit when the windshield cracked, the repair didn't look that great, do you have to do that?

Don't know if this helps, I had that done on a Lotus Esprit when the windshield cracked, the repair didn't look that great, do you have to do that?

I don't have a crack, the glass is mint. I have a leak. I could seal it from the inside, however the right was is to pull the mouldings and reset the glass. I know the mouldings pull off. I'm curious if anyone has successfully done this.