Clutch life

WoodyK

I preface this Q by stating I realize most A owners drive few miles a year. However, that will not be the case with me. I frankly don't care how much the car depreciates since I do not intend to sell it for at least 5 years and probably not then either. Same with repairs/maintenance- every part or component replaced is one less.

But I am curious how long a clutch might last if car is driven carefully [i'm 73 after all]? I know the 599 was kind to clutch wear.

Again, thank you.

I did around 14,000 miles using my LP560 as a DD. I had less than 5% clutch wear on the read out prior to selling. I see absolutely no reason for the Aventador to be any harder on a clutch save for putting more power through, nor have i heard of any issues with clutches.

That makes sense to shift transmission manually to "save" the clutch. I looked at the clutch itself- pretty straight forward. If I had to guess, I believe I can get a year and a half or 15K miles like the tires hopefully. We'll see...

Since I'll be traveling all over Europe I'll post interesting photos from time to time here. Thanks for the advice.

So nobody has kept their car or driven sufficiently to have to replace a clutch yet?

Secondly, does the ISR transmission shift relatively OK in Strada and Sport under light load [unlike the M6 I drove] that had a terrible lag between shifts unless you floored it [i don't like cars that have insufficient power so you have to floor it]? Some car reviewers hate the ISR.

Lastly, what is your opinion on the V12 switching banks every two minutes at light throttle? Does that put stress on the V12 since it was not designed to run as a 6 cylinder or does it make the V12 last longer? I have no clue...

Sorry for so many questions but who better to ask than A lovers and owners. I respect your opinions.

Thanks, Woody

Lastly, what is your opinion on the V12 switching banks every two minutes at light throttle? Does that put stress on the V12 since it was not designed to run as a 6 cylinder or does it make the V12 last longer? I have no clue...

Sorry for so many questions but who better to ask than A lovers and owners. I respect your opinions.

Thanks, Woody

Whilst I cannot help you with the clutch questions the initial engine design brief included the later addition of cylinder deactivation.

It should not be a factor in the wear of the engine lifespan.