1988.5 Countach body modification

jghawk

Hello all...I've been on this forum before and have shown photos here of the 1988.5 I bought In January of 2014...So almost 2 years ago...Currently it is undergoing serious work to the engine among other things... After it is done it will be better than new...Since it is at Evans Automotive getting this done I also had him completely remove all the components for the USA bumpers and had him even redo the entire back end so the molding on the back of the car is gone and now it is just the flat rear-end and taillights...I have always preferred this look... Now this leads to my question regarding the side strakes...I like the pure look with out all of the moldings....And I am planning on having these removed as well...SO after this the only thing distinguishing this to be a 88.5 is the digital AC controls.. Do those on this forum is this a OK thing to do...If I could have gotten my hands on a affordable 84-86 I would have but as we all know that became difficult...I plan on keeping this for along time and hope taking these modifications off does not hurt the value...Your thoughts please?

Thanks

Get rid of them! Once I have enough for a Countach, ideally I want a pre 88.5 QV, but if I'm forced to buy one with side strakes, they're coming off! :)

Please post photos!

Keep the rockers in storage in case the next owner wants to reverse the look and all should be fine. Personally, prefer the car without the rockers as well.

Keep the rockers in storage in case the next owner wants to reverse the look and all should be fine. Personally, prefer the car without the rockers as well.

This x infinity.

It is your car do with it what you like, and as others have said keep the lower side skirts on hand for any future sale.

Just curious, is there a smooth rocker panel under the 88.5 skirts?

Strangely enough Evans said it does not.. 1 out of 8 he says does not. Mine unfortunately is that 1 of 8. Bumps the cost up a couple K.