Buying from other Murcielago owners

citrus

Just curious new to the forum and looking at 03 Murcielago 6speeds . I imagine Not a huge group of people considering small numbers of cars produced . What are the chances of buying from other members on this forum community? Along those lines does anybody know about the black murcie at Bellevue Washington with 9000 miles listed on cars .com

Just curious new to the forum and looking at 03 Murcielago 6speeds . I imagine Not a huge group of people considering small numbers of cars produced . What are the chances of buying from other members on this forum community? Along those lines does anybody know about the black murcie at Bellevue Washington with 9000 miles listed on cars .com

Cars of this value are hard to find from private parties for a few of reasons: 1) The owners have a lot of money and aren't the types that want the hassle of dealing with flakey buyers, 2) depending on their sales tax in their state, it could cost them 10k or more by not trading in their car for a tax break on their next car, 3) many buyer want a dealer that can finance and take a trade in, and private sellers can't/won't have the ability to do that.

Also, I think the 6-speed owners are thinking it's a good idea to hold on to their cars for potential appreciation over egear cars, so there are even less for sale.

Doesn't mean it won't happen but those things are lowering your odds even futher beyond the low production numbers of the car you want.

My last 2003 Murcielago I sold to an LP member and it was the easiest transaction. I honestly prefer to buy/sell to other members because you typically know everything about eachothers cars. And, most LP members have money to do a wire transfer for purchase.

Definitely make sure that you get a PPI done. I don't personally know anything about the '03 that's listed in Bellevue. However, a car with 9k miles over 13 years will likely need a few things as it has been sitting for most of it's life.

I'd want to take a look specifically at leaking from suspension, steering rack and oil filter. I'd also want to make sure the coolant hoses are still good. Also, sometimes the relays on the rear fans get oxidized and may need to be replaced. These are just some of the common issues that owner's encounter on these cars.

Good luck on getting your hands on one, it's very likely these cars will experience an upswing in value over the next few years.

The Black Black car at Bellevue is a consignment car...just 20 miles away from me....I am sure we can get you a great deal direct frm the owner, who I know...if you need help with it get a hold of me

Thanks Roy