Any App developers out there?

FrankD

My son has a cool idea for an App that we are trying to get developed. Anyone have any experience in developing their own App? Any advise/suggestions?

Thanks

FrankD

Paging Robber Barron

I'm in the middle of doing that right now. What I will say is make sure your keep good communication between yourself and your development team. Also, draw out and outline as much of the app as possible (concept, possible design, and how the app will theoretically work). That helps make the whole process a lot smoother.

I know a good guy who is very good and developed an app for my business . Message me if you want his contact info. I found most app developers were insanely priced and my guy is super reasonable and did a great job.

Having been in the app game myself, I will assume you don't have prior knowledge in regards to coding. So I will say this, definitely watch out for outsourcing an app developer from websites such as elance etc. Often times these people will throw on a fantastic portfolio, sweet talk you into thinking they are the best developer you can find for the money. However, as we all know, once they receive your money they will take their sweet ass time.. etc making it a nightmare for you. Also, most of these developers come from India, so unless you speak fluently with their native language, there will be a language barrier that will make it difficult for you to convey the design and features you want on your app. Not to mention time zone difference. Avoid this route.

The best bet of course is if you can find a developer that is local, that way you can show them in person what exactly you are looking for. However this generally costs a lot more but in the end it will make the difference. It's really a step by step process to get your app into the app store, so having someone in person guide you how to do this will make things go a lot smoother.

App game has become extremely saturated, like the internet bubble, it has to take something very unique to catch attention. So, in order to do this make sure you have a SOLID marketing plan set up for this before you release to build some sort of hype.

Good luck! Feel free to hit me up as well if you got questions.

Just saw this thread. As Supercar Ace noted, I am the CEO of an App development company. Many members on here have worked with my company and I believe can testify to how good the experience has been. I am happy to develop the app with you, but even if you aren't interested in that, I am happy to go over the details of the app industry and help you all get on the right path. Please PM me if I can help (either way). I can give you my contact info and we can set up a phone call.