DIY: Fitting a beam blade wiper to the 02-05 Murci wiper arm

Stimpy

As others have found, beam style wiper blades don't fit on the 02-05 Murci, and it's not cheap ($1200 on please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors) to fit a 06+ wiper arm, if the new wiper arm even fits because the wiper motor is a different part number. I wanted the beam style because the OEM style takes up a lot of windshield space and makes my vertically challenged family members less comfortable riding in the car when all they see is wiper blade.

So I spent some quality time in Autozone studying their wiper blades compared to the OEM wiper blade. I didn't want to do a lot of mods to the wiper arm so I could revert back to the original style at sale time, so I had to find a wiper blade I could modify. In the end, I found the 28" RainX Quantum to have the best potential to be made to fit, and took it home for almost the price of a new OEM traditional style one: $29 for 1 blade!

I'll get more pics up later, but basically I removed the mount that came with the RainX blade by unclipping it from the pin and then took a dremel to shave out the inside of that area on the blade until the mount from the original OEM blade could fit in slot. The pin that holds the RainX mount is much smaller than the pin in the OEM blade, and that seems like a show stopper, but this does not matter because when you mount the new blade onto the arm, the arm wraps around the pin and holds it firm from it's hook design. There is no fear of this blade ever falling off.

I did have to slightly bend the end of the wiper arm down and up in a vice (with rubber pads to protect the paint finish) to give a little more clearance for the wiper arm from the windshield, but it's minor and I can still mount the old blade without changing it back and noticing anything different.

Later I'll take the blade off and clean up the area I dremeled with a sanding block and take more pics. When it's time to change the blade, I will most likely just move over the rubber insert from the new blade to the old beam so I don't have to carve out the blade again. Or I may be able to unclip the whole mount and put it on the new blade.

The result is a blade that takes up only a 1/2" of windscreen space instead of 2" - 3". And the 28" versus 30" length really doesn't make a difference in visibility in my tests of spraying the windshield with window cleaner and testing the blade cleaning.

2016_02_06_22.49.41.jpg

2016_02_06_22.37.16.jpg

2016_02_06_22.35.01.jpg

Do you think it is possible to move the entire wiper arm onto a Diablo, the wiper arm on a Diablo is ridiculous.

visker.JPG

Do you think it is possible to move the entire wiper arm onto a Diablo, the wiper arm on a Diablo is ridiculous.

The mounting location looks about right and of a similar design. Do you know of any Murci owners around you that would let you try their wiper arm? It's only 1 allen screw and 2 nuts to take off the Murci wiper arm, but if it hasn't been off in a while, you'll want to use a mini 3 arm puller (cheap at Harbor Freight) to pop it loose. Tip, leave the nut for the arm on, but loosened as much as possible to provide a seat for the center of the puller that won't slip off.

Thanks for your answer, no problems with the wiper arm, it is easy to get off. I do not know anyone who has a Murcielago, but I will try at the local Lamborghini dealer.

Thanks for your answer, no problems with the wiper arm, it is easy to get off. I do not know anyone who has a Murcielago, but I will try at the local Lamborghini dealer.

You're welcome. My wiper arm did not want to come off and it took quite a big of force from the puller to get it off. I wouldn't have wanted to put that kind of force on the assembly yanking on the arm. So be ready because yours may come off easily, but maybe not the Murci you find.

Try to get the 06+ arm because it's much more sleak than the one on my car.

Not that anyone care but I like the first gen Murci control arm better. It has a masculine look of a machine gun barrel of some sort. The LP640 or (similar) wiper arm looks plain.