Euro tail lamp conversion

4xchamp

That explains the spacers. I had lots of friends that raced shadow cats (United racing, el boss, American Dream etc). What's the name of your boat?

D19 American Express

I knew El Boss, Willy Diaz

I wonder if we've met? I hung around Fort Apache. US1 Boats, Davey Gilmore......

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the bogus bumper assy? Fitting it up is will be a challenge.

The Euro type bumper is stock, plan on maybe 30 hours to fit. You need to keep in mind NO 2 Countach cars are really alike. Took me around 25 hours to fit mine. All the bumpers I have ever seen look just like that.

GeorgeV12

What about the bogus bumper assy? Fitting it up is will be a challenge.

The Euro type bumper is stock, plan on maybe 30 hours to fit. You need to keep in mind NO 2 Countach cars are really alike. Took me around 25 hours to fit mine. All the bumpers I have ever seen look just like that.

GeorgeV12

Understood. It's just the laminate on all other Lambo parts we've played with were at least quality oriented. This piece was built by amateurs. I can believe they would ship such a pos.

D19 American Express

I knew El Boss, Willy Diaz

I wonder if we've met? I hung around Fort Apache. US1 Boats, Davey Gilmore......

No doubt our paths must of crossed recently as one of my tenants repowered/rebuilt one of the boats that you were involved with.

No doubt our paths must of crossed recently as one of my tenants repowered/rebuilt one of the boats that you were involved with.

Which boat? I think you may be mistaken. I haven't been personally involved in a boat deal for quite a while except for the Platinum I currently run

Which boat? I think you may be mistaken. I haven't been personally involved in a boat deal for quite a while except for the Platinum I currently run

My tenant repowered a big (I think the only one built) M2 that kept getting water into its MAN's.

My tenant repowered a big (I think the only one built) M2 that kept getting water into its MAN's.

These renderings from 2007 depict the boat I originally designed in collaboration with Chris Horton. 55 feet, two diesels. A 60 mph all day, luxury Go-Fast. I was the boat guy.

Ultimately and unfortunately an Ego and a Charlatan/Con Man convoluted the spirit and intent of this project. The end result was a disappointment to say the least.

I constantly reminded the investors I was the only guy not trying to make a living off them. My warnings went unheeded and eventually were proven to be true.

If your friend wants to know anything about that boat I'll gladly enlighten him. I can't elaborate any further in an open forum but I'm sure you get the drift and have seen similar scenarios many times over.

Ok, now about my bumper.......

post-20654-1457882829_thumb.jpg

post-20654-1457882868.jpg

post-20654-1457882879.jpg

post-20654-1457882905.jpg

These renderings depict the boat I originally designed in collaboration with Chris Horton. 55 feet, two diesels. A 60 mph all day luxury Go-Fast. I was the boat guy.

Ultimately and unfortunately an Ego and a Charlatan/Con Man convoluted the spirit and intent of this project. The end result was a disappointment to say the least.

I constantly reminded the investors I was the only guy not trying to make a living off this project. My warnings went unheeded and eventually were proven to be true.

If your friend wants to know anything about that boat I'll gladly enlighten him. I can't elaborate any further in an open forum but I'm sure you get the drift and have seen similar scenarios many times over.

Ok, now about my bumper.......

I know the story all too well, it's like a script for the boat business. It's a shame as the boat had lots of potential, but it was slammed together. The drives sucked, fairing compound was literally falling off the hull and no matter what they did, they couldn't stop water from coming back through the exhaust and locking up the motors. Ultimately there was a suspicious fire and the boat is history. Some of my other friends ended up purchasing all the small center consoles, those were pretty cool.

Regarding your taillights, doesn't that aluminum behind the reflector look like a piece of a ceiling tile?

I know the story all too well, it's like a script for the boat business. It's a shame as the boat had lots of potential, but it was slammed together. The drives sucked, fairing compound was literally falling off the hull and no matter what they did, they couldn't stop water from coming back through the exhaust and locking up the motors. Ultimately there was a suspicious fire and the boat is history. Some of my other friends ended up purchasing all the small center consoles, those were pretty cool.

Regarding your taillights, doesn't that aluminum behind the reflector look like a piece of a ceiling tile?

The reflector came right from Lambo dealer and yes, it looks like aluminum ceiling tile! Supposedly second design.

Having had the honor of testing the first three M2 21's I promptly broke/cracked/fractured them all. When I returned from test three my buddy said "you abuse and break every boat we give you" My response was "you asked me to test them.... they failed" I'm a boat racer, I abuse everything and am lucky to have survived those excursions.

The 21' could have been a cool boat but with four men on board it had uncontrollable bow steer gyrations, it was scary. I don't know if this was ever corrected.

The drives! After millions of dollars invested they wouldn't step up to BPM or Arnesons. Go figure.

What was the idea behind the goofy tug boat like rubrail on the little boats?

Also, is that bumper really a factory piece?

What was the idea behind the goofy tug boat like rubrail on the little boats?

Also, is that bumper really a factory piece?

They envisioned the boat as a high end tender. The bumpers were fastened with the best sheet rock screws and a little Elmer's glue here and there. They eventually fell off and were a project to refasten correctly.

What happened with the 60'? I did hear it burned. Is it still around?

You know George Linder designed the hull and I know for sure he consulted with Mike Peters. If that boat weighed what it was supposed to it might have run pretty well. The guys in South Africa created a bondo shortage when this project commenced.

Yes that's a factory bumper that came out of a huge Lambo box and I'm wondering if these guys are selling me kit car parts.

Anybody know what to get for axle boots?

Anybody know what to get for axle boots?

I'm pretty sure there's a cross reference to a 911 or 911 turbo Cv joint/boot.

I'm pretty sure there's a cross reference to a 911 or 911 turbo Cv joint/boot.

Thank you.

BTW Johann at Coach Trim replaced the small section of inst panel leather around the defogger ducts. Except for shrinkage at windshield base my dash was perfect and it was logical to keep the original leather. Again perfect, perfect match. Very lucky Peter K responded to my question. Thank you.

Yes! 1986 930 axle boot kits. Perfect!

The front bumper is installed and almost there with everything else. This was a great winter project.

Still wrestling with headlights. Bought two reman motors two relays and still winking. We'll figure it out ...eventually.

Hi 4xchamp, I did hear some time ago that if there is a diode connected across either the motor or relay if that fails the lights will blink up and down. I suspect the diode is somewhere across the winding of the relay to prevent the back emf from retripping the relay, I used to fit them across car horns to prevent them from retriggering a car alarm connected to the horns. so it could also be in the adjacent wiring to the relay, but I would normally expect it to be directly across the back of the headlight motor, some I have seen are internal to the relay, but as you say if you have replaced the relay I suspect the diode is external in the wiring nearby.

Hi 4xchamp, I did hear some time ago that if there is a diode connected across either the motor or relay if that fails the lights will blink up and down. I suspect the diode is somewhere across the winding of the relay to prevent the back emf from retripping the relay, I used to fit them across car horns to prevent them from retriggering a car alarm connected to the horns. so it could also be in the adjacent wiring to the relay, but I would normally expect it to be directly across the back of the headlight motor, some I have seen are internal to the relay, but as you say if you have replaced the relay I suspect the diode is external in the wiring nearby.

Thanks, I did buy "remanufactured" Motors. I'm going to heed your advice and try to replace the diodes, they are external as you indicated. Thanks for the guidance.

If you disconnect one end from the motor terminals they should measure about 30 ohms with a multi meter but only in one direction, if you get the same resistance both ways then they have failed.

Have you checked the relay under the hood? That was bad on mine, not the diodes.

I'll try it, Thanks!

I'll try it, Thanks!

If you disconnect one end from the motor terminals they should measure about 30 ohms with a multi meter but only in one direction, if you get the same resistance both ways then they have failed.

Thanks! I'll try this.

Car is almost ready to rumble and for sure I want to drive it at night!!

headlight relays and diodes ok. could it be the switch?

headlight relays and diodes ok. could it be the switch?

#^&!% Headlights!

4X CHAMP, I still suspect the diodes, a faulty switch will not usually cause that , do they both wink or only one, because each motor most lightly has a parking position like a windscreen wiper, in that case I would suspect the contacts or the pcb they wipe across inside the motor assembly has failed, so they don't park, does the motor arm turn 360 degrees or does it reverse, some reverse and some just travel the pivot point through 360 deg. Sorry I don't have that answer for a Countach , maybe someone else can answer that.