Diablo A/C parts cross reference!

alpha6164

Hey guys the AC on the 6.0 is blowing warm and took it to my guy and he says his freon detector is picking up a leakage at the evaporator behind the dash and he recommends the dryer and expansion valve to be changed at same time. Does this sound right ? Do you know if any of these parts are cross referenced with any other cars ? I figured so many parts were used from other vehicles that someone may know. Thanks for all inputs.

Hey guys the AC on the 6.0 is blowing warm and took it to my guy and he says his freon detector is picking up a leakage at the evaporator behind the dash and he recommends the dryer and expansion valve to be changed at same time. Does this sound right ? Do you know if any of these parts are cross referenced with any other cars ? I figured so many parts were used from other vehicles that someone may know. Thanks for all inputs.

Irrelevant to Lambos, anytime you open a refrigerant system (on any car, or house, or refrigerator, etc) you should change the dryer and expansion valve. They are normally trivial costs ($50?) in the scope of the work, but who knows with the lambo tax. Regardless, just view it as a non-option, like changing the filter when you change the oil.

Sorry I can't help on the parts reference side.

Holy shit. Just heard from Glen at AMH. Evaporator is $3k wtf

Something else has got to be a suitable stand in. Not building a space shuttle. ;-)

Post pics!

Holy shit. Just heard from Glen at AMH. Evaporator is $3k wtf

Evap is $3k, or the part with install is $3k?

Is it a solid copper part? (most vehicles in that time frame would have it be solid copper). If so, you could have it rebrazed.

Does it require pulling the dash like most cars?

Evap is $3k, or the part with install is $3k?

Is it a solid copper part? (most vehicles in that time frame would have it be solid copper). If so, you could have it rebrazed.

Does it require pulling the dash like most cars?

No just the evaporator is $3k. The dryer is less than $100 Which Ian t bad but $3k for evap is insane. And yes it's behind the dash. Sorry what is re-brazing ?

No just the evaporator is $3k. The dryer is less than $100 Which Ian t bad but $3k for evap is insane. And yes it's behind the dash. Sorry what is re-brazing ?

Lamborghini has decided to not sell the evaporator core by itself, you are getting the entire assy. that is why the cost.

Most of them I have seen are made of aluminum, not copper, but you never know.

GeorgeV12

It's essentially re-soldering the joints (most likely where it is leaking). But if it's built into an air handler assembly that will be a massive pain in the ass. If it turns out to be Aluminum don't fcuk with it, just replace the whole thing.